Early 2007 Predictions

Boy, say something "un-positive" about Phantom and you guys come out like a pack of wolves.

I think it wold be different if these were opinions rather than conjecture. Everyone has an opinion - and a right to their opinion - but, there's nothing there to base an opinion on quite yet. There's no evidence that Phantom's visual program will be a hindrance or that their guard will be of less quality. 2nd and 3rd place visual finishes and a 3rd place guard finish behind the likes of Cavaliers and Blue Devils is not a sign of weakness. Actually with the staff locking into place for a 3rd year in a row I would be more likely to think that they would close the gap on the front runners in those areas. After the program is set and the rehearsals start that might change - there might be something to base an "un-positive" thought.

My observations vhave been that there are other corps "fans" out there much more defensive than PR fans when it comes to "un-positive" comments. Still, there's no need to be defensive... this is all either pure conjecture or personal preference... and intended as fun. What else is there for the drum corps junkie to do in this time of year.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom Regiment hasn't been a local corps for years. That's pretty sad too. What's worse is that plenty of Rockford High schoolers have never heard of the Regiment. I feel this is a travesty considering that the Regiment is the biggest thing to ever come out of that city. Thank God they have a relationship with Rockford College, although I don't know how much longer RC will be around considering their financial practices.

Huntley was a good choice for a camp seeing as it is so close to the major airports, but its always nice to have the Regiment stay in town at a local high school for a weekend.

Hey Dave!

I guess I can't do predictions because I'm a Rockford native. Silly person. But I guess I'm "blissfully ignorant" although I also guess I know lots about the Phantom Legion. Aren't they inactive?

Maybe you could help me with a list of things I know and don't know about. We can take that discussion off-line of course.

What do you think of the picks? After the recent Madison news, I might have to bump them down a bit and maybe sneak Spirit back up. Rumor is they had close to 500 at their auditions. But again, according to Phantombari1, I don't know anything because I'm a Rockford native.

Please eat Beef a Roo for me. Please, oh please! It will be May before I taste the Roo again.

5. Phantom Regiment – They may take high drums again, but the book is iffy at best and they will have a down guard year. Again, visual caption will be their downfall.

visual is their downfall... are you blind or dumb?

so many people come on DCP and ##### about Regiments visual program, while it might not have received the most points is still beat the #### out of the rest of the top 5s programs, save Cavies of course.

Wake up people, this isn't 98-2002 when their visual programs sucked, 2003 started a marching revolution for PR and its better getting better and better each year. Deal with it.

PS - i can't wait for people to jump all over me just because my handel has Phantom in it...

EDIT: they can very well get 5th, i'm not arguing that point, they can get 1st as well... no one knows. What I am saying is that your reasoning is out dated.

Edited by Phantom&Phitch

I love how people keep saying that Phantom has a week visual program. This might of been true 5 years ago, but remind me again who won Visual Effect on finals night in 2006?????? :)

Has PhantomBari1 ever lived in Rockford? Even though the public knows little about the corps its not hard to learn things. Rockford is, in essence, a small town and word does not take long to travel far there.

And Tom, Beef a Roo is overrated! Why pay more for something I can get at Arby's for half the price and tastes better!?! I have my parents to thank for letting me grow up in Roscoe. They must put something weird in the water down there to make people think Barf and spew actually tastes good.

visual is their downfall... are you blind or dumb?

so many people come on DCP and ##### about Regiments visual program, while it might not have received the most points is still beat the #### out of the rest of the top 5s programs, save Cavies of course.

Wake up people, this isn't 98-2002 when their visual programs sucked, 2003 started a marching revolution for PR and its better getting better and better each year. Deal with it.

PS - i can't wait for people to jump all over me just because my handel has Phantom in it...

EDIT: they can very well get 5th, i'm not arguing that point, they can get 1st as well... no one knows. What I am saying is that your reasoning is out dated.

Kinda like people harping on Crown for having "easy" shows (ie drill or Hornbooks)

I will admit that I am a BIGTTIME homer, but...

I've seen the scores, and the drill, and I have 18 years of experience in this activity to base my opinions on.

It was anything but easy....

People can talk alot here, but I would like to see some of THEM march that drill and play that book.

Rehetoric is inexpensive...

Edited by tubamann

1. Phantom

2. Cadets

3. Blue Coats

4. Blue Devils

5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. SCV

8. Madison

9. Boston

10. JSU

11. Crossmen

12. Blue Knights

13. Academy

14. Blue Stars

15. Troopers

16. Colts

17. Glassmen

Blah blah blah ......

I see Phantom and Cadets as a 2 horse race this year. Cadets will bounce back as they always have (with smarter programming and better coordination/time management). Blue Coats up the anty on thier visual program. Dev's stay consistent but it's not going to happen this year. Cavies take a big hit for doing the Eurotour. Crown settles some percussion issues. SCV get's exposed for how dirty they really are (hopefully, they dumb things down a notch this year so they can at least be clean LIKE THEY USED TO BE). Madison maxes out GE.. dirty as sin once again .. but very very exciting. Boston does another Boston show ... meh! Spirit makes a big jump this year ... it's time. Crossmen is self explanitory. Blue Knights take a big hit... FINALLY! Welcome Academy... I really want to put you in the top 12, but we'll have to see what you come up with first. Blue Stars could have moved up, but they competition is way too stiff this year. Troopers!!!!! Welcome back. Colts ... Michael won't help. Glassmen have lost the ability to be clean... I don't think they're getting enough out of the winter camps to make a push this year.

Final EARLY seasons analysis..... All shows in the top 17 will be worthy of top 12 status. All shows in the top 11 would be top 5 by 2000 standards. The bar has been raised! Let the GAMES ... begin!

Mr. Brace. On behalf of every other city, town village and postal stop in North America let me say how happy we all are you are from Rockford and not our area. Having fun is great, being rude and condesending about many groups with little or no back ground to back it up is classless. i don't resent your predictions no matter how rediculus, it is the comments.

It's cool to see that alot of people want to se us, crossmen, back in the top 12. As a returning member it means a lot. This show is going to kick ###!!!

1 - SCV

the rest is details...... :P