Sly to SCV

Ya... and if I remember correctly, *cough* we didn't live up to the potential of the show *cough*

Your absolutely right it's not about rings, it's about being remembered... Great words of wisdom from the man himself - Ironically enough a former visual caption Myron Rosander...

I was there man- I remember it all... from beginning to end

Dude.

I'm not going to go out claiming that we were the best ever, but you have to admit that we didn't suck. And the whole "potential of the show" blah blah blah... WHATEVER. People put SCV '04 on their all-time favorites list all the time. Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we didn't live up to the hype..... Can anyone else back me up on this?

PS: Not trying to grandstand... Just trying to debunk some myths.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude.

I'm not going to go out claiming that we were the best ever, but you have to admit that we didn't suck. And the whole "potential of the show" blah blah blah... WHATEVER. People put SCV '04 on their all-time favorites list all the time. Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we didn't live up to the hype..... Can anyone else back me up on this?

You're absolutely right. SCV 04 may not be the best ever, but they were incredible and one of the shows I could watch over and over again.

Just because we didn't win doesn't mean we didn't live up to the hype..... Can anyone else back me up on this?

I'll back you up on that - I loved SCV 04. :sumo:

I agree with both of you guys.....sure SCV 04 was amazing, but in reality their brass program did not improve much. Both season highs were 19.3, so if people thought that by Gino coming in and they would win brass...then I guess they didn't live up to the hype since they didn't improve by much.

I agree with both of you guys.....sure SCV 04 was amazing, but in reality their brass program did not improve much. Both season highs were 19.3, so if people thought that by Gino coming in and they would win brass...then I guess they didn't live up to the hype since they didn't improve by much.

Thank you...

Aaron... I would have to agree with everything that you are saying... I love the fact that you have so much enthusiasm about 04... however, coming from the exact same organization as you, I would have to say that given the circumstances it's always best to just hang out and see what transpires... I was merely using a case to back up my statement... by circumstance you and I happened to march that year... that's all... you don't need to defend anything...

Wow, use your ears and not a score. There was a SIGNIFICANT difference for the better. They may not have been that much cleaner is some aspects, but there was a much fuller and confident sound.

Dude.

To me, it was one of the most entertaining shows EVER! The design aspects were awesome, and the musicianship and showmanship were great! I spent a very hot southern afternoon watching y'all practice before the JSU show, and even practice was entertaining. And as Fincis posted, the sound of the hornline was improved (to my ears), regardless of the score. People didn't just yell VANGUARD during that show because it was programmed in there - that was an outpouring of positive emotional response to a great product performed oh so well! Take heart, Aaron!