Sly to SCV

Well, not to be biased, but when drill is amazingly difficult (ie scv) it's a lot harder to make it clean then when drill is not as difficult... and if someone where to look at... say 2003 for example... objectively you would see this.

So the little "count the rings" bit... yea, if a show is a 10 in difficult and performed at say.. an 8 level... but a show that's an 8 in difficulty performed at a 9 level.. the first show wins.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to start an argument, but I thought that Sly had retired from Cavies to take some time for himself, is that information that incorrect?

I was actually way more intrigued by the addition of Tommy Keenum...myself having been in Sky Ryders when Tommy was having a definite impact (1987) and then at SCV after that and seeing a different team's approach to a show that was making an emotional mark as well (1989).

(Let's just say I believe to this day that my exposure to Tommy Keenum's sincerity and charismatic way of making me believe in the story and emotion of our show really helped prepare me for becoming a part of the SCV "Phantom of the Opera" show. I know that might sound like "bragging" or something but I know I owe a great deal to Tommy Keenum.)

If I had to pick only one word to describe Tommy Keenum. It would be "VISION". If Tommy Keenum is still driven by, committed to or "turned on" by the same things as when he was the Sky Ryders' program coordinator in 1987:

-You may be able to see his influence over the guard's role in the overall package. The guard could be more prominently featured.

-You may be able to feel SCV ratchet up the emotional value.

-He could actually draw a more experienced/mature guard to SCV this year - as he did with Sky in 87.

-And I think Tommy really loves rifles. :P

Just my thoughts...

Edited by bradrick

I knew Vanguard would have an up year this year with the staff they already had in place, but these new additions just mean that Vanguard is SERIOUS!!!

I CAN'T WAIT to see their show this season! :sumo:

It's all exciting news, but the same hype surrounded 2004 when Gino came on board... take a step back, re-analyze, and what will happen will happen... Regardless of whether God himself were on staff at SCV, SCV would still be SCV. Don't be fair weather fans...

It's all exciting news, but the same hype surrounded 2004 when Gino came on board... take a step back, re-analyze, and what will happen will happen... Regardless of whether God himself were on staff at SCV, SCV would still be SCV. Don't be fair weather fans...

Ya, and if I remember correctly, *cough* we lived up to all the hype *cough*....

It's not about rings... It's about getting remembered.

PS: GREAT news for SCV!

Edited by SCVsopAaron