Old Senior Corps Photos

We were there and I think they only took 10 corps into the night show...Archie did do an exhibition spot with the drummer from the Tonight Show orchestra, Eddie Shaunessy, who presented one of the trophies (probably high drums). High point for me was getting to shake hands with Shaunessy! I can understand how the mind can get fuzzy though...Apparently as long as your beer was hidden in a paper bag you could drink anywhere in that city!

Geez I hope I got the year right...I think it was 1981...I was in Philly and I am pretty sure we were the first corps on at the night finals...pretty sure it was Veteran's Stadium? I hope I didn't hallucinate the whole thing....

You got it right! 1981 Philly, 1982 Allentown! :blink:

12 corps in finals that year,....................Achie took 11th,........Steel City took 12th,.........

10 corps finals, 11 and 12 performed in exhibition. checked corpsreps

Geez Don...you're probably right. I just got on and off the bus...we could've been in Sudbury for all I knew...

I don't believe you said that........fighting the urge......must.......hold.......back (doing my best Cap'n Kirk impression)..........

We were there and I think they only took 10 corps into the night show...Archie did do an exhibition spot with the drummer from the Tonight Show orchestra, Eddie Shaunessy, who presented one of the trophies (probably high drums). High point for me was getting to shake hands with Shaunessy! I can understand how the mind can get fuzzy though...Apparently as long as your beer was hidden in a paper bag you could drink anywhere in that city!

Geez I hope I got the year right...I think it was 1981...I was in Philly and I am pretty sure we were the first corps on at the night finals...pretty sure it was Veteran's Stadium? I hope I didn't hallucinate the whole thing....

Franklin Field

Franklin Field

i alraedy said that.......what am i invisable? :blink:

And Ohio Brass Factory "sat in the stands!" :devil:But I DID get to see Pepe roll that wagon out, with a bucket of dirt in it! :smile:

No way Pepe was going to let George Parks (Bucs) get all of the "attention"..... That night was one of the best times! :smile: