The 'No Doubt' Years

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know... all the finals I've been to (04-06... and I saw Allentown in 03) I've been pretty positive that the corps that won was going to win... Although BD's tag finish in '04 made me think the judges might swing it their way a bit.

Cadets: 98.00

BD:97.90

SCV: 97.40

I ended up sitting next to a couple of HS band directors, and all of us were amazed the scores were that close.

Edited by jthomas666

1982 - no doubt, undefeateed Devils. A formidable challenge by SCV, but in reality not even close.

1983 - no doubt, although prelims mixed it up, there was no denying Garfield.

1986 - no doubt, not a contender, although scores say otherwise, reality it was no contest.

1991 - no doubt, Star of Indiana was just too far, Cavies were clean, and PR was on fire, but no contest.

1994 - no doubt, another undefeated, untouched year for BD. Not even close.

1998 - no doubt, Vanguard surged, BD was solid, but Cadets were on another level, just draw dropping.

1999 - no doubt, Performance, BD and title go hand in hand, a surpsing SCV performance didnt deter the determined Devils.

2000 - no doubt, Cavaliers had a show that deserved to win, glad the scores worked out, Cadets had it in the bag from day 1.

2002 - no doubt, like it or not, this Cavaliers show was a culmination of all they were testing out since 1999. BD gave a year end surge, but Cavaliers just dominated !

2003 - no doubt, vintage , performance riddled Devils, showmanship and precision, total package.

2005 - no doubt, Phantom had the crowd, Devils had the "off year" and Cavaliers were out in left field. Cadets had it in the bag (suitcase)

2006 - no doubt, judges kept it close, top three were amazing, but in the end, in reality, no contest. Cavaliers totally in control.

~G~

2002 Cavaliers. I saw them all season, but the first time was very early in Orlando. I knew they would win the season. That show was just too perfect, and they executed it flawlessly. There was just no room at any time during the entire season for any other corps to even make a real move to even catch up with them.