I have a statement.

I wish to say that I'm sorry if my post on page 4 seems harsh. I just believe things like this should be settled between the respective organizations. NOT on DCP. Sometimes you have to wonder what ones agenda is when they bring private issues like this to DCP. Is it to stir the pot? Cause trouble? It certainly doesn't help either organization by bringing it public.

I think this is why more corps are starting to have zero posting policies. I think I remember at one time someone complaining about that, but it's now clear why an organization would do such a thing. Don't you agree?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGreed,,I was making a attempt at humor. :P

thanks for clarifying that Ed.

and Merry Christmas! :)

I wish to say that I'm sorry if my post on page 4 seems harsh. I just believe things like this should be settled between the respective organizations. NOT on DCP. Sometimes you have to wonder what ones agenda is when they bring private issues like this to DCP. Is it to stir the pot? Cause trouble? It certainly doesn't help either organization by bringing it public.

i agree ~ it doesn't paint either organization in a positive light. there are only a very few people who know what the real story is and it is left up to the majority of readers to read between the line, try and guess what is going on, and in the end that only leads to what amounts to nothing more than the rumor-mill going at full speed yet again. haven't we already learned time and time again that the rumor-mill hurts every single corps it touches??

I think this is why more corps are starting to have zero posting policies. I think I remember at one time someone complaining about that, but it's now clear why an organization would do such a thing. Don't you agree?

not long ago i wouldn't have agreed with you, but seeing as this off-season is turning into the nastiest, most negative i've ever seen, i find myself wondering if saying nothing at all, i.e. a zero posting policy, is better than all this b.s.

that's not to say i want to see only posts filled with "our camp was great" or "the turnout was wonderful". but i feel much of what has gone on so far since DCA's has done nothing positive for our portion of the activity. if i was a total outsider looking in *as many DCI people are doing* i'd be thinking to myself "yup, that whole thing is going to fold up any day now ~ they are just out to destroy each other."

that's a pretty sad state of affairs when you think about it. :(

thanks for clarifying that Ed.

and Merry Christmas! :)

No worries,,Merry Christmas

In upstate NY...Empire and Cru co exist in one medium sized city, with the Brigs an hour and a half away...the White Sabers less than an hour from Rochester and all 4 corps were on the field last year. Add in St. Joe's Alumni for the performers that maybe dont want to do drill anymore and there you have it. And with the exception of last year, the Kingston Grenadiers could be included in that package of corps as well. In Jersey, you have Cabs, Sun, Bush, Bucs, Sky all within three hours of Morris County. It just sounds foolish to single out a corps that has yet to hit the field in a DCA show for trying to steal members. After all, it isnt even spring yet. This is the time of the year when people go to camps to find out where they want to march THIS YEAR.

Please understand that this has been going on for decades, not only in upstate NY but as Liz said, in the Tri State area and in the lower PA market as well. I dont know if it is right or wrong, but it has been part of the success for many World Champion corps. People get tired of not having a chance to win or at least be competitive. I have had to say goodbye to many dedicated performers because of this and wish them the very best. Some of them I had the pleasure to beat with the same corps they left, LOL. :angry:

I have to admit...I havent seen the directors of the corps such as the Crusaders, Grenadiers, et al., on DCP yelling foul to the Statesmen or Brigs for drawing members because of their success, even though year after year it happens that members decide to try a greener pasture. These adminstrators do have their "conversations", believe me...but it isnt on DCP. I am a witness to some of these "conversations". They are not always friendly, but they also are not public.

For those aforementioned corps, (CRU, GRENNIES), a finalist position is a successful season because of the "left over" cards in the deck they are dealt. I have been VERY proud of some of the Crusaders' corps I taught that finished 7th, or 8th, or 9th with the limited talent pool that was dedicated enough to keep trying to be as good as they could possibly be. I have also won DCA with corps that all I really had to do was stand in front and wave my arms.

This is how DCA works. Whether it is right or wrong doesnt really matter. You take the talent you have and make it the best you can. People are going to go where they are going to go. It is the off season. The gloves dont really come off until MAY!!! That is when the fireworks really start, LOL.

Welcome back to the east coast! I would like to wish the Skyliners a successful New Year and hope that Fusion Core gets their wishes this New Year as well. I hope to see both corps on the field in DCA competiton.

Happy New Year to all!!!

Donny

Well put. You took the words right out of my mouth, my friend.

Sooner or later, we need to change this hostile culture in DCA. This whole angry war-like attitude, where every corps looks out itself at the expense of everyone else needs to go away. If only people would realize that looking out for the activity as a whole IS in their corps best interests.

If we work together, DCA can become something amazing and famous ... regardless of who wins.

edited cuz i cant spel

I agree with you 100%, Lee. What this is about is more than just some competition in the same geographic area....from what I understand....this is about such issues as leaving an organization in a condition that was much worse when it was handed over to them and then refusing to turn over the 2006 membership list to the new director. It is the director's responsibility to safeguard the organization and its membership, as well as to build and improve that organization. All member information is property of the corps and NOT the director's property.

If the prior directors truly wished the Skyliners well and honestly meant it, they would have wrapped up their tenure with the corps with honesty and dignity, not by directing their efforts to discredit an organization that has been alive and well for 60+ years. It's disgraceful!

I agree with you 100%, Lee. What this is about is more than just some competition in the same geographic area....from what I understand....this is about such issues as leaving an organization in a condition that was much worse when it was handed over to them and then refusing to turn over the 2006 membership list to the new director. It is the director's responsibility to safeguard the organization and its membership, as well as to build and improve that organization. All member information is property of the corps and NOT the director's property.

If the prior directors truly wished the Skyliners well and honestly meant it, they would have wrapped up their tenure with the corps with honesty and dignity, not by directing their efforts to discredit an organization that has been alive and well for 60+ years. It's disgraceful!

After what happened to the Skyliners over the last 3 years, Fusiuon Core should focus on Fusion Core. Speaking poorly about the Skyliners while targeting the membership to get people to leave for the "new" corps will hurt the Skyliners.

Edited by drumlaw80

I wonder if its possible if those who moderate this forum can nip any potential intentionally damaging threads in the butt before these things get out of hand? Its quite clear what the intentions of the author was. And from the response, its clear most people are sick of it. But aseasy as it is to read a post, its just as easy to move on to the next one. Do as mom says, if someone bothers you walk away and ignore them. Eventially they will go away.