Corps Names

actually, Interstate 80 goes AROUND the city......if you think of Sacratomato as a "circle," then I 80 comes down from Reno and hits the top of the city, goes around the outside of the city to the west, then leave the city and heads towards Davis. The Capital City Freeway, formerly known as the Business 80 Loop is really a short freeway that bisects the city in half, separating East and West, and it starts where Interstate 80 turns to the west to go around the outside of the city and runs down through Excremento and ends at Highway 50/99, with Highway 50 heading East and 99 heading South.

And don't even get me started on the fact that the "W/X' Freeway is called such because it is located between W and X streets and is commonly referred to as the "WX" because in actuality, it is a stretch of road that is actually portions of Interstate 5, 99, and highway 50.

my god, this town is screwed up!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, Interstate 80 goes AROUND the city......if you think of Sacratomato as a "circle," then I 80 comes down from Reno and hits the top of the city, goes around the outside of the city to the west, then leave the city and heads towards Davis. The Capital City Freeway, formerly known as the Business 80 Loop is really a short freeway that bisects the city in half, separating East and West, and it starts where Interstate 80 turns to the west to go around the outside of the city and runs down through Excremento and ends at Highway 50/99, with Highway 50 heading East and 99 heading South.

Yep.....dumb. My hotel that trip was outside town...the freewan on ramp closest to me led over the river to Yolo County....the ramp I wanted to take me to teh convention center was on the other side of the bridge.....urgh.

my god, this town is screwed up!

True, dat.

And don't even get me started on the fact that the "W/X' Freeway is called such because it is located between W and X streets and is commonly referred to as the "WX" because in actuality, it is a stretch of road that is actually portions of Interstate 5, 99, and highway 50.

And it turns into I-80 somewhere around West Sacramento (which is where RCR is rehearsing on Sunday, January 7th).

pssst Stu...Encircle is another word for "around". :P

I know that...but he said that BOTH freeways "encircle" the city, which is not true..one encricles, the other bisects.

CHris, "bisect" is another word for "divide." :P

Carolina Gold Rushers was shortened to Carolina Gold before the initial meeting. Patrick Sloan wanted to find a name that reflected NC, and the Gold Rush was it. The first 3 seasons, Gold even used the word 'Rush' as a battle cry. Other names reflecting NC were considered, and thankfully withdrawn

Frontier was chosen by me, because I wanted to reflect what Texas is in everyone outside of Texas's eyes, and what Texas really is. Many folks think of Texas as some grand prairie land with farms and cowboys.. the great frontier... Folks here know that we have 3 of the 10 largest US cities, booming population and business, many of the largest companies in the US, etc... or a new frontier or expanding frontier.

You can 'look out on the frontier's horizon and see the Texas Sunset'... the inspiration for the corps' logo

Masquerade was chosen because of it's reflection on the image of Louisiana and it's Mardi Gras roots, but also because LA isn't quite what outsiders think it is. The state 'Masks' lots of great treasures, and as their show title for 2007 states... 'You ain't seen Nuthin' Yet'

Crosswinds was chosen because of the tornado history of the state of Oklahoma, as well as being a 'crossroads' to early settlers. The logo for the corps derives of the Native American culture that permeates much of life in the state

http://www.rochestercrusaders.org/mission.php

We were founded in 1947 by the Hilton Fire Department. Through a desire to provide a musical unit for their men to march behind, and at the same time realizing the problems of keeping young people occupied, the Hilton Fire Department organized the "Hilton Fire Department Drum and Bugle Corps". In 1964 a merger took place and the Crusaders became the Grey Knight Post Crusaders.