Corps Names

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the Blousemen's name came obviously from their flowing blouse type uniform.

WOW!!! I'm a Renegade and even I didn't know THAT....who was this other corps that was trying to start up at the time? I don't see them around now, so I guess we know who survived and who didn't.......

I believe that would be the Conquistadors, a corps that started as a junior corps, according to other Renegades members.

I believe that would be the Conquistadors, a corps that started as a junior corps, according to other Renegades members.

It was Shockwave...

Because one person appointed himself "Lord and Master" So we made him Lord & Master of nothing, then he tried to start a Jr. corps which failed...

The Conquistadors was in SoCal, and the person running that is the Band Director at Bellflower High School...

Edited by darkman

Cool. Someone else must also be misinformed...

Edited by ravedodger

It was Shockwave...

Because one person appointed himself "Lord and Master" So we made him Lord & Master of nothing, then he tried to start a Jr. corps which failed...

The Conquistadors was in SoCal, and the person running that is the Band Director at Bellflower High School...

Sounds like not too cool an outcome for him.........now we have kick ### corps in BOTH nor and so cal, and he's.........picking weeds somewhere?

It was Shockwave...

Oh MAN!

Sounds SO familiar!

Some things are the same all over the place.

River City Regiment was originally named Capitol Regiment.

The corps evolved from the Sacramento State winter drumline and this name was chosen because Sacramento is the capitol of California. The drumline performed an exhibition show using this name in 2000.

Shortly after that show it was decided to change the name to River City Regiment to avoid confusion with the Div III corps Capital Regiment. Sacramento is commonly referred to as the river city.

There are many other things Sacramento is also referred to as....none of them flattering. ;-)

There are many other things Sacramento is also referred to as....none of them flattering. ;-)

Don't remind me....when I wehn there for US fencing nationals in 01 I got royally lost trying to find 1) my hotel (thank you, Sac, for having TWO freeways called "I-80" that encircle the city....and both go in different directions...and 2) the venue so I could get my gear checked in early....and then finding numberd streets that intersected.....2nd street and 5th ave, for example....

Good thing I didn;t try to find the venue the day OF the event....I would've never made it before the close of check in.