Cadets Narration 2007

"Surprises in store for fans include professional narration, a passionate ballad, a show epilogue and a throw-down percussion feature written by Aungst..."

This is probably the least surprising thing I've heard asside from the use of the adjective "professional" describing "narration." To me, all of that is pretty expected from The Cadets as of late. I am looking forward to the 07 show but I would not have worded that statement as such.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I FULLY support George Hopkins, the staff and the ENTIRE Cadets organization in whatever they choose to bring to the field. You can rest assured that come finals in Pasadena, I WILL be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for The Cadets. I would appreciate for the people who do not like any of the shows they bring to the field to either go to the bathroom, grab a hot dog, or better yet, just leave the stadium when they come to the field and do not ruin the experience for myself and other TRUE Cadets fans. Thanks and have a great time watching.....I know I will.

.....again, just my .02 cents......

And people wonder where the term "Cadet Borg" comes from. I do not, automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" any corps unless they earn it (in my mind). Many people will recall how I like the Scouts of the '90s, but I did not automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" them just because they were Scouts. There are shows of theirs I did not particularly care for, even though good friends were in the Scouts and I strongly believe in Scott Stewart's vision of drum corps.

So, if you are willing to "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" the Cadets without even knowing how that show will come off, don't be offended by the term "Cadet Borg." By the way, if I go to the show and I watch the Cadets, I'm not going to leave the show because I won't automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" The Cadets. I hope that doesn't ruin the show for you. I decide who I watch and who I don't, not you.

And people wonder where the term "Cadet Borg" comes from. I do not, automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" any corps unless they earn it (in my mind). Many people will recall how I like the Scouts of the '90s, but I did not automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" them just because they were Scouts. There are shows of theirs I did not particularly care for, even though good friends were in the Scouts and I strongly believe in Scott Stewart's vision of drum corps.

Though there are many who DO say those things about 'their' corps...Scouts included...yet are never called 'Borg'.

So, if you are willing to "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" the Cadets without even knowing how that show will come off, don't be offended by the term "Cadet Borg." By the way, if I go to the show and I watch the Cadets, I'm not going to leave the show because I won't automatically "be out of my seat screaming, cheering and throwing babies for" The Cadets. I hope that doesn't ruin the show for you. I decide who I watch and who I don't, not you.

Oh please! Like there are not tons of people on this board alone that would go gaga over what Phantom does regardless of what they put on the field. There are borgs, and many of them, for every corps out there. It is not unique to Cadets.

As always I will reserve judgement until after actually seeing the show, but doesn't sound too promising.

And as far as increasing the horn line to 68, I fail to see the big deal. Regiment has been marching 70-72 horns for the last 20 years.

It's nice and predictable to see the Cadets "borg" gathering, albeit ever so slowly, en masse to do their 2007 battle !!

No, its just the Cadets who evoke these type of fans, those "defenders til the death"

Here, let me adjust that mirror in front of your face...there we go.

You're just as predictable as you accuse them to be. It's the Cadets. It's amplification. Here comes our hero Geoffrey, like clockwork, to dust off the same lines about staffs lacking creativity, needing crutches, blah blah blah barf. Yeah, you're so much better than them. :lookaround:

Oh please! Like there are not tons of people on this board alone that would go gaga over what Phantom does regardless of what they put on the field. There are borgs, and many of them, for every corps out there. It is not unique to Cadets.

I will admit I am a big fan of Phantom Regiment, but they don't get my automatic approval. I did not care all that much for the 05 show.

I have always loved Cadets, but the last 3 years have done absolutely nothing for me. I have hated the zone shows.

I have never really liked the Cavies shows that much, the major exceptions being 86 and 06.

Yes, I think they deserved to win last year.

Not everyone (cadets fans included) are just blind robots pre programmed to cheer for their favorite corps.

Here, let me adjust that mirror in front of your face...there we go.

You're just as predictable as you accuse them to be. It's the Cadets. It's amplification. Here comes our hero Geoffrey, like clockwork, to dust off the same lines about staffs lacking creativity, needing crutches, blah blah blah barf. Yeah, you're so much better than them. :lookaround:

Same vicious cycle goes 'round and 'round.......ok, now you can put that mirror back where it belongs.

Truth hurts. Cadets + narration/singing = Crap. Today, tomorrow, six months from now, next year. Predictable effort garners predictable reaction.

~G~

Same vicious cycle goes 'round and 'round.......ok, now you can put that mirror back where it belongs.

Truth hurts. Cadets + narration/singing = Crap. Today, tomorrow, six months from now, next year. Predictable effort garners predictable reaction.

~G~

Cadets narration/singing may = good. I'm not sure your opinion on this is valid as your signature supports one of the weakest show designs in the 2005 season and the weakest show that corps did in a very long time.

Edited by JulioNickelodeon