Its back

Boo'ing  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever, assuming that a performance wasn't personally insulting, BOO a corps member or corps as a whole?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might boo a placement, but I would never boo a corps, that's just heartless

I agree 100%. Too much work goes into this activity to have it be booed by the spectators. I don't remember being booed on the field, but I'm pretty sure it would have got to me if that was the case. If you dont like the show, take it up with someone who will do listen, a corps director or a caption head.

Shame on any person booing a drumcorps performance.

Shame on any staff putting something on the feild that would elicit boos.

We know that corps are booed when fans don't like the design concept/choice, rarely (if ever) are they booed for performance issues. That being said, I never boo. I just clap politely when the performance is over. Staff as well as members are in it for the applause, so when a top corps makes a bad choice I show them that I don't like it by not clapping (or not standing, or not yelling) and I show it by avoiding their souvie booth.

I do clap for a great performance, and I always clap when a corps troops the stands. Maybe corps not recieving applause with make better choices in the future. And maybe potential members looking for applause will avoid the corps not getting any. The thing about booing (and negative vibe) is that it shows passion, and that seems to satisfy some corps. If you really hate what a corps is putting on the feild just sit on your hands after the show or clap politely. Then walk out with out buying their souvies.

Most of the people who voted yes are probably cowards anyways. I've only seen one or two even say they voted yes, and I doubt they've marched a day in their lives. Booing kids and young adults? Get a life.

Most of the people who voted yes are probably cowards anyways. I've only seen one or two even say they voted yes, and I doubt they've marched a day in their lives. Booing kids and young adults? Get a life.

If the show is poorly designed by the staff then I will. The kids have to perform what is given. So I would be #3 and yes, I did march. <_< But I haven't seen any shows in the past 3 years because I don't have a PhD in music appreciation like the corps designers do.

Edited by sburstall

But I haven't seen any shows in the past 3 years because I don't have a PhD in music appreciation like the corps designers do.

Maybe this is too obvious, but if you haven't seen a show in 3 years then how do you know that you need a PhD in music appreciation?

If the show is poorly designed by the staff then I will. The kids have to perform what is given. So I would be #3 and yes, I did march. <_< But I haven't seen any shows in the past 3 years because I don't have a PhD in music appreciation like the corps designers do.

So even though you marched and know how hard these members work everyday, you would still boo them although they aren't the ones who designed the show? Or let me put it another way. If you had a son or daughter marching a corps in which the show design was just awful you would still boo them? If the answer is yes then wow. If no, then just think of how you would feel if someone sitting next to you started to boo your own for the same reason you pointed out.

Edited by ScvSpirit

I have, however, Bloo'd at a corps before. :P

I cannot believe that it took 20 posts to this forum before this was mentioned. I almost thought we could get through the entire thread without it, but, alas, 'tis not to be.