Anyone else...

I dig working out to drum corps, pop in a cd of my fav 6 shows and I've got a nice 60 minute (roughly) cardio that goes by in a flash. Anyone else?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I definetely work out to corps sometimes. It's good for running.

word

I lissen to Drum Corps when I run :laugh:

Drum corps is heavy in my workout rotation.

My favs for working out are:

1995 Scouts

1997 Scouts

1998 Scouts

2000 Cavies

1999 SCV

1994 Devs

1995 Devs

2000 Cavies was my push to the end, though.

Great topic. Finally, something worth discussing. Nice to see something other than discussion about corps folding and or The Cadets/ George Hopkins.

Yep, something about 190+ beats per minute works to get you moving. And it works out great, too with the slow pieces. You get a nice minute or so break and then you are going fast again. Its the deal.

I thought I was the only one who loved to do this.

Running to the Cadets 2005 opener is great cardio as well as Bluecoats 2005 & 2006 and Glassmen 2005.

I also listen to drum corps when I lift - although I tend to play it really loud on my Ipod - and sometimes forget that I'm at the gym and get "slightly" carried away. But its all good.

recently Boston Crusaders 2001 has been on heavy rotation - I love to listen to that show!!!!

Later,

Mike

Heh, back whe I ran (i.e., back when my ankles still worked), I'd use different drum corps pieces to set my pace. I loved using the finale of BD 82 at the end, because it made it real easy to build up to that last 100 yard sprint.

These days, when I get on the treadmill, I do the same thing, but mainly just to get into a rhythm.

i always liked running to drum corps shows....with a song that long it is easy to time how long your mile is

i used to try to time it so i would start the mile at 2:34 and finish the mile at the big hit in cadets 2000 at 10:22, 'cuz i'm dramatic like that.

i love doing this also, but have a hard time not running in tempo, to any music really. kind of bothersome :P