The perfect way to solve the issue of whether today's

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. It's about the kids and they are paying money, yes... BUT, the directors and people in power ultimately decide, or we'd have some sort of drum corps anarchy.... you know what a better idea would be? If the members didn't like it, they don't march. wow.

So - hypothetically-

if the members don't want it

and the alumni don't want it

but 11 out of 20 directors want it, it's in.

Who is the activity for again?

Something tells me I know how this would end up.

Yeah, George will continue to say that it doesn't matter what the marcher say, he'll continue to do what HE wants to do.

I keep seeing these proposals and I keep asking myself this also. My #1 vote is still "ego", because none of the proposals state anything about the performers or show sponcers.

Edited by sburstall

go ahead, I already know what the majority think... I USED to be one of them... I used to be a "purist" too... brainwashed is more like it... The scary thing for y'all is that my position is only gaining numbers... people are slowly coming over to the dark side... it's only a matter of time...

Can we not use the same argument in saying that you were brainwashed to want amps and woodwinds? Take for example a member of the Cadets in 2006, if June came around and the staff said, we are going to have 4 charachters tell the story, and you are going to be the back drop for the show--including holding a bench for three minutes of the show--

or the Blue Stars who probably spoke through 2 minutes of that show. Do you think any of the members argued against that when it was insterted in?

do you think that anyone is going to retaliate and leave after they have made it in the corps after January, or in the middle of June because they dont like that idea? Do you think that a member of the corps, the unit that has become one, that has been taught to think as one, that has been taught to do EXACTLY what the staff tells them to, is going to retaliate? in the middle of June?

I know I didn't. I look back at the corps that I marched with and realized that some things we did just weren't effective, but we did it becasue we were told to, and we were all one so we did it together.

Brainwashing? Ya we are all brainwashed. But when it comes down to it, too many are getting brainwashed in the wrong way and it is going to ruin the activity.

long story short, your brainwashing argument sucks A $ $ .

Edited by cwillpayne

So - hypothetically-

if the members don't want it

and the alumni don't want it

but 11 out of 20 directors want it, it's in.

I didn't see members clamoring for the addition of mallets way back when...and alumni certainly didn't ask for them....ditto timpani...ditto two valve horns...even further back...ditto contras....mellophones...multi-drums.

I didn't see members clamoring for the addition of mallets way back when...and alumni certainly didn't ask for them....ditto timpani...ditto two valve horns...even further back...ditto contras....mellophones...multi-drums.

Exactly! I was constantly told how moving to Bb flat horns was going to be the worst thing for the activity. I heard it so much, I believed it and was very opposed. Now I can't imagine going back to G horns.

Yes, I have - they're called "polls".

This is exactly my point...a poll to find out what the marching members really DO think, rather than hearing it from someone on the board who may have only talked to 135 members who don't dare contradict the corps Director. I didn't say their "vote" should dictate the BOD vote, but I want a REAL accounting of what the marching members think.

This is exactly my point...a poll to find out what the marching members really DO think, rather than hearing it from someone on the board who may have only talked to 135 members who don't dare contradict the corps Director. I didn't say their "vote" should dictate the BOD vote, but I want a REAL accounting of what the marching members think.

Hear, hear!

Sigh - Mike - all accoustic. We're in a whole different category of change today......