Drum Corps Rivalries (taken from the DCI threads)

When I marched it seemed it was Boston against anybody. I must say I still have little respect for them due to their actions in the 90's. I really could have cared less... (no offense to an alumni from then) but their actions spoke louder than their shows.

When I Marched DCI it was Kiwanis and Boston, I have no idea why, two different levels there, but I will say that as nice as I was to Boston players, they all seemed to be dicks, at least to me anyway. As far as DCA goes the biggest rivalry Ive seen thus far is between Briggs and Empire, and I side with Briggs, I just like their shows better and I think that, while a decent corps, Empire may have paid a pro for last years show.

(Black Sop in front, did nothing but jazz solo's the WHOLE show, and was WAY too good to not be paid for it)

But if Im wrong, then Im wrong, and either way that guy rocked!

but yeah, GO BRIGGS!

Edited by gmencontra

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky and Cabs... Out of all the rivalries, this one stands out more than others...

no way you can be talking about current rivalries. i don't remember the last time this one was even relevant. 1988???

What about Bucs and Brigs from 2000-2004? They had some battles.

The only "corps" I can't stand is because of its "leadership". The funny thing is, their "leadership" is so #### poor that it will bring worse things upon the "corps" then them ever getting on the field and having their ##### handed to them by other corps.

Oh well....there's nothing wrong with standing and playing on an infield....or at a drag parade. It's not drum corps, but whatever....

The only "corps" I can't stand is because of its "leadership". The funny thing is, their "leadership" is so #### poor that it will bring worse things upon the "corps" then them ever getting on the field and having their ##### handed to them by other corps.

Oh well....there's nothing wrong with standing and playing on an infield....or at a drag parade. It's not drum corps, but whatever....

Don't talk about the US Army like that. b**bs :P :P :P

no way you can be talking about current rivalries. i don't remember the last time this one was even relevant. 1988???

What about Bucs and Brigs from 2000-2004? They had some battles.

That one leaked over into the '90's (either 93 or 94) when Sky took high horns over Cabs in Clifton.

Crusaders and Grenadiers have always had a rivalry but a friendly one. I've never seen it get ugly between the two corps, and quite frankly I wouldn't want to see it happen either. They are a bunch of great guys on and off the field.

We never saw that! I always thought of Grennies as good friends and NEVER rivals. Our rivals( with Cru) were always Statesmen and also Brigs.

Blousemen and Phantom Vanguard=bitter rivals.

Judging by the last few months of posts around here, I'd say that Skyliners and Fusioncorps have a pretty nasty rivalry brewing.

I pity the show coordinator that accidentally places them next to each other in a retreat block.

We never saw that! I always thought of Grennies as good friends and NEVER rivals. Our rivals( with Cru) were always Statesmen and also Brigs.

You should have been with us in 05 then!