Most Over Hyped & Under Hyped Blue Devils show of all time....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get a bunch of hate for this, but I'd say Devils are overhyped almost every year. Are they good every year? Absolutely. Do I enjoy them? Almost every year. Do they get a whole lot more credit than they deserve? Pretty consistently.

Underhyped- 1991. AWESOME brass book, some pretty solid drill and guardwork. Pretty good "recovery" from the Tommy show.

Overhyped- 2004. The show inspired a satirical "amp your udu" campaign courtesy of our own Mike Boo

I'm going to get a bunch of hate for this, but I'd say Devils are overhyped almost every year. Are they good every year? Absolutely. Do I enjoy them? Almost every year. Do they get a whole lot more credit than they deserve? Pretty consistently.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I disagree with you. I think they get credit because they make everything they do look so easy. They put out a difficult, quality program every year, and perform it extremely well. I respect your opinion, but I'm just saying I disagree with you.

I think that 1998 was the most underhyped show, this AMAZING brass book just does not get enough credit. I know the drums had issues, but the rest of that corps was on fire. It is tied with 1997 for my favorite.

As for overhyped, I must go with 2001. I am going to get a lot of crap for saying this from some friends of mine who marched it, but the show just did not click with me. Especially the guard uniforms...

over: 03, 89 (never been a fan...thought 88 was superior in pretty much every aspect)

under: 91-93, 95, 98 (probably my favorite hornline ever), 00, 01, 06

Overhyped- 2003- good stuff, but not the best championship show they've had.

Underhyped- 1996- they were the best corps on the field. hands down.