Cadets donation to the Raiders

I can't believe some of you are actually shocked by this. Contrary to popular belief, George Hopkins is a great man. This just goes to show that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is something posted on the Soundmachine board by Brian Tolzmann (DCW). I do not think he would mind me posting it at all:

I recently wrote in my Drum Corps World column about the time back in 1990 that the Raiders had their first ever weekend camp. The new corps thought they had their bugles for the weekend, but that fell through at the last minute. Four days before the camp the Raiders called George Hopkins to tell him of the problem. George opened up the Cadets equipment truck and told the Raiders to take as many horns as they needed. Just 2 months before that Hopkins did the same thing to help out the brand-new Nightbeat corps.

Unfortunately, many of theses good stories about George haven't been told.

As true as each of these stories are (having lived through them), not enough good things are mentioned publicly.

Thanks again to Hop and the YEA! staff members for being there from the beginning til now.

AWESOME!!! THANK YOU GEORGE HOPKINS AND THE CADETS!!!

Edited by marimbaman89

AWESOME!!! THANK YOU GEORGE HOPKINS AND THE CADETS!!!

You didn't have to say that on here Dan <_<

I am going to thank George Hopkins personally....via email.

Edited by rai-mello

Why not? Privately is fine, but public props are just as good...'specially since George rarely gets them (kinda like Bill cook, in a way)

So saying thank you in a public place is worse than saying in a public place that you are going to say thank you privately. Got it.

Regardless of what you think about George's ideas for drum corps, as I have said before, he is a top quality individual. Many people could take a lesson from the way he does things.

Don't be mad at Bruno that's not what he actually meant...I think he's just trying to rag on me a little =P. He and I are good pals, right Bruno?

Edited by marimbaman89

I can't believe some of you are actually shocked by this. Contrary to popular belief, George Hopkins is a great man. This just goes to show that.

Yes! You're right. George Hopkins is a great man. I may not agree with A LOT of what he brings to the table, but what he has accomplished...JESUS! It's pretty amazing.

This is just another great thing for the corps, and for him.

mellos -- cadets 96-98...three of my favorite cadets shows! u rock, especially playing mello in them...

carry on