Rockin' Baritone Moments

i recently became far more appreciative of awesome baritone lines, something i hadn't really listened for in the past, and now cannot get enough of 'em.

what are some of your favorite baritone moments/passages/lines, spanning any length of time within the show?

my current listen is the short descending line at the end of cadets 2000, 11:19, a few bars from the end. killin' me.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i recently became far more appreciative of awesome baritone lines, something i hadn't really listened for in the past, and now cannot get enough of 'em.

what are some of your favorite baritone moments/passages/lines, spanning any length of time within the show?

my current listen is the short descending line at the end of cadets 2000, 11:19, a few bars from the end. killin' me.

Those very five notes got me into drum corps in the first place. :)

One of the best baritones I can think if is the opening solo to Bouree in Cadets 2004. Also, in SCV 1989, when the Phantom has a baritone solo leading into the company front.

SCV 99 - Bari Solo in ballad

BD 94-96 - Awesome Bari/Sop duets

PR 91 - Great Euph Solo (that horn was a beast)

Towards the end of 03 Regiment when they're trading off all the sixteenth-note stuff when the euphs have the first run. When I first realized it was the euphs playing it my face looked something like this; :doh: then this; :rolleyes:

i thought of the exact same moment as soon i read the title of this thread...sweet.

BD 89 has some great moments.