scv 2007 drumline

How about "What a talented group of snare drummers!" If I could play as well as the youngest person there I'd be thrilled! I think they sound great! Can't wait to see them live.

I'll second that!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it Rocks that the center snare is female!

However, that line is VERY young, and down the line, that is going to hurt them. They'll be pretty darn good, but they won't be winning high drums.

Anyone else seem worried that SCV can't recruit like they used to (older more experienced members? If they don't have a good year in '07, I'm not sure where they will go. I think their management issues are really starting to show.

Edited by Newseditor44

I think it Rocks that the center snare is female!

However, that line is VERY young, and down the line, that is going to hurt them. They'll be pretty darn good, but they won't be winning high drums.

Anyone else seem worried that SCV can't recruit like they used to (older more experienced members? If they don't have a good year in '07, I'm not sure where they will go. I think their management issues are really starting to show.

Your comments are 'crap' I tell yah. Said in my best Irish accent.

They don't want a bunch a rook-outs. It's bad for the corps in the long run when they go back to alumni and ask for volunteer activities. They need this generation to internalize the founding beliefs held by the core management to keep the organization in solid shape. That place is ewzing with so much history and experience that could not possibly be exorbed in a single season.

Mom

The Cadets had a girl split-center (lead stick) when they won the drum title in 05.

~>conner

They marched the majority of the season with 9, she was center.

Bluecoats had a female center snare for two seasons recently.

Boston may have a female center tenor if she hasn't aged out/the center last year aged out?

There have been D2's with female centers, too. It's rare, but not THAT uncommon.

With regards to the low and flow comment above, that's just how the part is written. If it was written at FF, you'd see windshield wipers for stick heights. :laugh: The technique hasn't changed from last year.

The technique sure looks like it changed to me - right arm angel, using less arm/more wrist.

The technique sure looks like it changed to me - right arm angel, using less arm/more wrist.

All opinions aside - they are pretty darn tight even for Feb. Don't count them out - not for a second!

How about another video with tenors and basses???????? Please??

Of course, all the comments mentioned. girl on center, which is freaking awesome. i hope she reads this thread at least once. very young snareline which is suprising to even me. but starting drum corps at the lucky age of 14, they're gonna get a lot of experience and years with the A corps like me (except im NOT in the A corps...).

I'm not no drumline expert but that sounded like not-suck :)

awhile? it's only been two years since they won the drum title. SCV's 98, 99, 02-04 were all very strong in my opinion.

Not sure why people took that comment as a slight, that definitely wasn't the intention.

SCV has had pockets of "owning" the drum caption. My comment was geared towards enjoying seeing them get back to "that" level. Doesn't mean they haven't won drums here and there, nor does it mean they haven't produced quality. That would be an idiotic statement, no?