2003 Phantom Regiment

Ok... I've been puzzled by this for quite some time...

Why does it seem that I'm the only one who doesn't really care for Phantom Regiment 2003... ?? I'm not asking this to be dumb or anything... I'm being totally serious. I just thought it was awful.

Please tell me what I'm missing.. What should I watch for/listen for that could change my opinion???

I'm mostly a guard person, so I really just didn't like it because I thought the guard was horrible. (MUCH better than in 2004 though).

Anyway... people, please enlighten me and perhaps I can change my ways and learn to love this seemingly 'great' show..

Thanks!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is def. a musical show. I dont know much about guard; so if you dont like it for that reason I could understand. The show is just so powerful. Try listing to it louder?

Try listing to it louder?

YES. Completely. This show is AWESOME loud.

The face of the guard girl at the end of the show.

This is the show that made me march, btw. It has sentimental value. Even if they are "letting loose" with tone quality at the end, and kind of a visual mess.

I think most people just like the horn book. Maybe that's just the hornline people, but it's a very musical show, and if they're good at anything, it's being musical.

Well...I don't know what to tell you. The whole show is pretty complete top to bottom, and musically(in terms of repertoire) it's one of the best you'll ever see. The guard...I wouldn't say they were "horrible" but they certainly got the job done.

All together, just a complete package and some of the better musical choices in any show you could find.

The show has a lot of heart, how you can't see that is beyond me. My reccomendation is try watching it again. I had the same feeling when I first saw Star of Indiana's 93 show, but I've grown to love it.

2003 Phantom Regiment, Why does everyone like it so much.... ?

Because its awesome.

Seriously though...you are basing your entire opinion on whether a show is any good or not soley on the guard?

Well no wonder you don't think its awesome. (not that the guard was bad...but 2003 was CLEARLY a musical show)