DCI Uses the "Student" Word!

Well, I agree with you (someone call a doctor! :sshh: ) I said it in another thread, removing the terms reflects the honest movement of DCI in this activity. I also believe that they realize that you become what you say. Since that is the direction they want to go, this makes sense to help move that along. Unfortunately, I like drum corps, so it is a movement away from what I like.

Down with DURM corps! Long live DRUM corps!!

Amazing how a mis-type can cause such dissention. Careful, Mike--it's not a lack of intelligence, just a simple visual impairment in the human eye/brain. Ha-ha. Liked the smiley, but had to go back and re-read the reply again. I hope frizzy didn't take anything personally!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, next is class times instead of rehearsals, and report cards instead of score sheets. It makes such a huge difference what they're called.

Time for another 20-page discussion about nothing more than semantics. :blink:

Obviously, next is class times instead of rehearsals, and report cards instead of score sheets. It makes such a huge difference what they're called.

Time for another 20-page discussion about nothing more than semantics. :blink:

"Semantics":

Yep: We have "Students", "Tuition", and all the other bando BS. You can see whats comming..... :sshh:

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

"Semantics":

Yep: We have "Students", "Tuition", and all the other bando BS. You can see whats comming..... :sshh:

Elphaba

Yeah, hopefully a DCP where you don't post.

Yeah, hopefully a DCP where you don't post.

"A DCP without Me":

Dream on, my pretty, dream on... b**bs

Elphaba

"Semantics":

Elphaba

I think it is more than just semantics. I think this is an intentional use of certain words to help orchestrate the direction in which DCI wants to go.

The instructional staff in drum corps instructs the members of the corps. Doesn't that make the members students of the people who are teaching them?

Not every place that has students is a school and not every group of teachers is a faculty.

I think it is more than just semantics. I think this is an intentional use of certain words to help orchestrate the direction in which DCI wants to go.

I am totally confused by your statement. The release in question was calling the high school STUDENTS "students." What else could they be called? They're not drum corps members...although these sessions are designed to hopefully inspire some to become members of corps. Anything we can do to bring drum corps to the masses and create more fans is a positive.