What I DON"T miss about Drum Corps

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more:

10-minute "pee no buy" stops taking 30 minutes because the staff needs to get their coffee and smoke their death sticks.

Staff cutting in front of members at meals because they have an important "meeting" during lunch- thus taking time out of the members' break by making them wait longer for food.

Rehearsing at Pioneerland on my 21st birthday. Man, I sure could have used a drink after THAT day! :P

pee no buy stops period. i think i had one buy stop the entire two years i was on tour.

and as for my 21st birthday - rehearsing in the middle of the midwest on my 21st birthday after the worst show of the season in Whitewater, WI. the only thing i liked about that day was the pit getting together and surprising me with an arrangement of happy birthday on keyboards and racks. i miss the '03 pit. :doh:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....ehhhhhhhhhhhh....cmmoonnnnnnnnnnn....you gotta (ehhhhhhhhhh) get uppppppppppp.................wasting your liiiffffffffeeeeeeeeeee...........ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........sleeeep is rehersal for death........one bag one body............cmoooooooooonnnn........gotta do iiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt......yooooooooooooooo..........letss goooooooo.........ehhhhhhhhhhh

If you've heard this yourself, there is no need for explanation...

Hoppy = Bill Lumbergh

ROFL!!!!!

stomach cramps after drinking a lot of water really, really fast.

- Having your corps director drive the staff bus into the ditch that serves as the median, and half of your staff almost getting indecent exposure citations for urinating on the side of the highway.

- Having one of your buses impounded during finals week because of safety violations and having to sit inside the buses for an hour (with no A/C on) in the post-storm humidity of Madison, WI. All because the cops won't let anyone get off the bus.

- This is a kind of long story. We're performing in Canada, and immediately after our performance the show is canceled because there's a tornado warning. We march off the field through the crowd and directly to our buses, which we board without putting any of our stuff away. Some people tossed uniforms and flags onto the truck, leaving the truck in complete disarray. This is all happening in the complete dark, rain starting to come down, winds around 20-25 mph (my rough estimation... all i know is that they were strong). We then sit on the bus for an hour while people take turns running equipment over to the bus where four or five people are inside with the door closed trying to sort through the mess. One of the food staff parents was standing outside the whole time (bless his soul) in the pouring rain because we needed him to hold the door back when we were opening it or it would slam wide open, the wind basically preventing us from closing it. This is some of the craziest weather I've ever seen, and we're trying to load a bus in it. Long story short, we eventually load the truck in about an hour, and drive to our next housing site with our instruments in our laps, in some of the worst weather I've ever seen. Members claim to have seen tornadoes at least twice over the course of that night drive. It was pretty terrible.

- 1. Drive all night down to NJ without unloading bus or having access to luggage(about 10 hours).

2. Rehearse before the show.

3. Run basics in the pouring rain, stop rehearsal.

4. Show is canceled. Attempt to eat food in pouring rain, getting soaked again.

5. Get onto buses, sit for about an hour, then drive back to Massachusetts with wet, disgusting clothing hanging in the bus, nearly everything soaked, and the smell of mildew permeating everything. The drive back took longer (about 12 hours) because of bad traffic.

- This is a kind of long story. We're performing in Canada, and immediately after our performance the show is canceled because there's a tornado warning. We march off the field through the crowd and directly to our buses, which we board without putting any of our stuff away. Some people tossed uniforms and flags onto the truck, leaving the truck in complete disarray. This is all happening in the complete dark, rain starting to come down, winds around 20-25 mph (my rough estimation... all i know is that they were strong). We then sit on the bus for an hour while people take turns running equipment over to the bus where four or five people are inside with the door closed trying to sort through the mess. One of the food staff parents was standing outside the whole time (bless his soul) in the pouring rain because we needed him to hold the door back when we were opening it or it would slam wide open, the wind basically preventing us from closing it. This is some of the craziest weather I've ever seen, and we're trying to load a bus in it. Long story short, we eventually load the truck in about an hour, and drive to our next housing site with our instruments in our laps, in some of the worst weather I've ever seen. Members claim to have seen tornadoes at least twice over the course of that night drive. It was pretty terrible.

I remember that night...after we performed, when we were eating dinner, if you looked up at the sky, half of it was black and half of it was RED (i think?). That was some scaaaaary weather.

"We're going to get up early to beat the heat and then let you have time off during the hotest part of the day." Ya right, we got up early and practiced all day - in the sun!

Or doors on the stalls.

Or how about no stalls around the toilets--period. Military-style bathrooms at a public high school. Hey--your tax dollars at work! <**>