Best And Worst Showers On Tour! ~

Best Showers ever: RCA dome showers.....perfect pressure, perfect heat, little green shampoo dispensers, basically perfect everthing. Also the IU showers.

Worst: RAUB MIDDLE SCHOOL(Allentown). The temperature on them read 38 degrees farenheit i believe.....FREEZING COLD!!!! Also, from what I remember, the showers in Hurricane, West Virginia were terrible as well. Oh, and any of the motion activated showers that drip water on you slow as molasses.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think someone needs to keep a journal one year on a full tour to keep track of all of the facilities, you know, rate the showers, gym floors, fields, etc., to sell, or just as a sticky forum here on DCP. I'd buy/print it in a heartbeat, and I'm sure many full tour rookies would too.

Anyway, from my (very) limited tour experience:

Best - Port Hueneme Naval Base

Perfect temperature, "enough" of them (for a Div III corps at least), and nice water pressure. Some good memories in those showers. :blink:

Worst - Cabrillo High School (Small Gym)

Let's see... there's a grand total of FOUR of them (which sucked even for the tiny hornline we had last camp), they were freezing cold (if you pressed them a lot, like for 5 minutes, they got a bit[/] better...), and they literally went straight down. Sucky. Oh, and the locker room smelt like crap. :sshh:

Edited by crashhelmi36

Absolute worst showers ever: Rock Island, IL and Prattville, AL.

Rock Island showers felt like you were being peed on by liquid hot magma.

Prattville showers made you feel dirtier after showering. Besides the fact that only ONE shower head worked, it had little to no pressure, and the water smelled and felt really icky.

Two good shower experiences mixed in with a bunch of terribles. In 03 and 04(maybe 04/05?) we got to stay in I believe it was Center Grove Illinois for the Chicagoland parades and stayed in a brand new rec center. Shared the place with Memphis once. Beautiful CLEAN showers with amazing water pressure and temp control and a sauna. It was great. Also our showers in Denver for 04 finals were pretty great. Were a little low, but there were about 30 working shower heads. Made the process quick!

Everyone keeps saying that Middle School in Allentown... PR05 people, what was that school we stayed at in Allentown? Those were the freakin worst showers EVER also! Either it was the same school or there is something with cold water in Allentown! Man, those were ICE!

Off the top of my head, best showers were (in 2005) Webber State U. in Utah. Definate BOX 5!

Should be a Man Law: No corps should ever stay at Raub Middle School, and any that must has option to borrow facilities elsewhere. Or perhaps use of the NFL locker room facilities in Indy starting next year??? A little pain for a week of gain?

The only Box 5 thing about Ceadar Rapids, Iowa was the showers. Nice, hot, and strong, but not too hot or powerful either. Box 1 was the PE locker room in Lexington, KY when we shared with Southwind, the locker room itself was horrible, moldy, and damp. The next day though, when we used the varsity basket ball showers were NICE. Had a stereo in there, too.

ditto