2003 Phantom Regiment v. 2003 Blue Devils

They're both fantastic shows and they helped make 2003 a great drum corps year.

So, which one is your favorite? I have to say Phantom because they had this emotionally charged program. It was just such a great show, over all. It was another one of those great 4th place shows (See 1995 Madison and 1975 27th).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regiment....the musical selection hit my buttons for the entire show (the "Santus" reprise....OMFG!!!!) Probably my all time fave Regiment show.

BD...not so much....some awesome moments, and utterly clean as always, but I listen to 03 Regiment a LOT more then 03 BD.

BD was "cool" but just that. I really don't even think they should have topped cavies but that's a whole different animal of an arguement.

Phantom was the stuff that year, I have many friends that decided to try out and march from watching that show, and to me that's what a drum corps show should do to eligible marchers.

Phantom 2003 is the show that I show people when I start talking about drum corps. Everytime I show them, they ask me if that the music is recorded over it. I'm glad that was my first finals i've been to.

2003 was such a great year... BD, Cavaliers, Cadets, Phantom, SCV, all some of my favorite shows, ever.

But BD vs. Phantom? Gotta say Phantom, just for the pure emotion. But BD deserved to win, much cleaner, even cleaner than the Cavies.

bd basically because im really really really really really really really really really really tired of '03 phantom.

Sorry, but BD was WAY more controlled than Phantom was that night. There were lots of sounds jumping out of the ensemble, which I can't say the same for BD. Plus, everything about that show was just clean. To me, what makes BD's performance stand out is the cleanliness of the drill, the amazing guard, and their OUTSTANDING control as a hornline. Now, I'll give the props to Phantom in terms of music selection, but not performance. However, to be fair, I do get insane cold chills whenever I hear that Cannon reprise.