Current Events Forum Closure Discussion

Can someone explain how these two statements are consistent?

Are the other Off-Topic forums more drum corps related than CE?

Dang good question. :wub:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, funny how some people are acting now that they are above the typical CE discussion.

Agree. For some civil discussion means keeping your tongue in check when they say something which offends you and not them. Which to me demonstrates that while we are a society slowly being pushed by post modern forces to throw out the old and become completely indiscriminate, certain people still reserve to themselves the right to get outraged when you stomp on their paradigms.

Yes, funny how some people are acting now that they are above the typical CE discussion.

w/Stp:

GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL, ######!!!

GLOBAL WARMING IS.......NOT..............REAL!!!

Ive said this a few times over the past few years, maybe as an excuse for when someone ticks me off and I launch a counter strike on them, but to repeat, free speech is messy.

Stuff happens when people talk about sex, politics and religion! For anyone naive to expect conversation to always remain polite and reserved I say passion is what has always driven this nation and culture. For this reason I have always looked forward to those times in the summer when I have been able to meet my rhetorical "adversaries" in person. Because in the end what binds us together, the thing that is the "glue" that brings us here is in fact what also makes DCP go and that is Drum Corps. And it means that what I have in common with DCP CE regulars is much more significant than what our differences are.

:beer::wub::wub::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Just curious, if the rationale for closing CE is that it is of dubious relevance to drum corps and services are better deployed elsewhere, why are the entertainment, bored, sports and tech forums not closing too?

I think it would be interesting to know if anyone's asked the owner; A) What percentage of traffic to DCP ever visited the CE forum?, and 2) What percentage of time to take care of reports and complaints compared to all forums did the CE forum take up?

I'm going to take a wacky guess here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the forum generated several times the time requirements of the owner and/or moderators than the other forums, perhaps even way beyond the amount of traffic it generated...as if the ratios of readership to complaints was out of whack.

Anyone got an idea on this?

Mike - contact Rich. I'm sure he could give you those numbers.

Agree. For some civil discussion means keeping your tongue in check when they say something which offends you and not them. Which to me demonstrates that while we are a society slowly being pushed by post modern forces to throw out the old and become completely indiscriminate, certain people still reserve to themselves the right to get outraged when you stomp on their paradigms.

This could be our last chance for a post-modernism debate, so I'd just like to say you are full of crap... :P

I'll miss our debates Dan :( - this is a bad decision.

Then do it. The rest of the site was like that. But those that do like a bit of spice are now closed down. Congrats and flowers to you.

The CE was "a bit of spice".

AAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This could be our last chance for a post-modernism debate, so I'd just like to say you are full of crap... :P

Stupid liberal taoist Canadian. :o

Join Daniel's forum. :)