Alumni spectacular

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are cheering for their football team !!!! :doh:

The Alouette's suck this year !!! (Sorry) <**> <**>

Les Alouettes de Montréal football team is not so bad.

2 victories and 3 losses. Same statistic than Toronto. Better than Hamilton (0-5).

Alouette je te plumerai (pluck). Pas sûr. (Not sure.)

I would not be in favor of it either

I'm torn on the issue. I did alumni for a couple of years, then found there was something missing. Sure we sort of "competed" in so much as we wanted to be the best alumni corps and most of us have some sort of ego left, but once I got back on the real competitive field, I realized what was missing. I'm still in good enough physical shape to march DCA, but the time issue has gotten to me. Every weekend from May to Labour Day just doesn't cut it anymore.

However, would be willing to spend about 1/2 that time doing an old time ('60's) drill with a colour presentation, concert, entrance and exit (end zones please) and have some judges doing the 'tick system' thing. What a rush to see a bunch of the old corps doing the old shows and competing at the same time, albeit at a slower pace perhaps. Think of it as the Senior's golf tour.

I'm torn on the issue. I did alumni for a couple of years, then found there was something missing. Sure we sort of "competed" in so much as we wanted to be the best alumni corps and most of us have some sort of ego left, but once I got back on the real competitive field, I realized what was missing. I'm still in good enough physical shape to march DCA, but the time issue has gotten to me. Every weekend from May to Labour Day just doesn't cut it anymore.

However, would be willing to spend about 1/2 that time doing an old time ('60's) drill with a colour presentation, concert, entrance and exit (end zones please) and have some judges doing the 'tick system' thing. What a rush to see a bunch of the old corps doing the old shows and competing at the same time, albeit at a slower pace perhaps. Think of it as the Senior's golf tour.

Good analysis. Good program.

But to do that, you must accept to have more general rehearsals.

Are the alumni corps ready for that ?

And what happen to the Alumni corps that always lose ?

Keep the competition out of it.

That's for the kids, and the adults with lots of time to rehearse! (Probably less than 25% of the present over-21 drum corps population)

We're having WAY too much fun!!!!!! ^OO^

Besides, every alumni/tribute corps that I've seen has been phenomenal!!! :rock:

Competition would just make things crazy! IMHO

JJ

And what happen to the Alumni corps that always lose ?

What? :rock:

Screw competition, I just wanna blow off some steam by entertaining people.....

Wow did Drum Corps drop down on my list of life priorities over the past 30 years. :rock:

^0^

Edited by Contra Joe

I was thinking Riggi was in his 80s but I didn't want to say that if he wasn't. I know he's up there and still playing great. A nice man too.

Up until last year we had an original member of the Skyliners marching with us, I beleive he is 84 or 85. I talked with him a few weeks ago at a fellow corps members 50th Birthday Party. :whistle: