NEW BLUECOATS UNIS!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts:

Those have to be the shortest gauntlets I've EVER seen on a band or corps uniform.

I can see how the sequin lines on the pants are lining up with the white stripes on the jacket- should be interesting to see when they're on the move, esp. considering how squeaky-clean their marching has become over the last couple of seasons.

I know a lot of people are commenting on the dark blue, but I can see some of the lighter blue elements of their early 90's jackets in there as well (seems like the two-tone vertical coat's becoming the way to go these days).

Helmet looks fine to me- and I like how the collar actually LOOKS like a real collar.

Dunno if I really like the look of the flap- it looks like it's just "there"

What's the little bar above the right breast supposed to be?

Guess that's 3 new uniforms down and what- 10 to go?

Instead of gauntlets, the jacket almost has more of a cuffed look.

Don't know what the bar on the chest is, but if they really wanted to go over the top with the police look (especially for this year's show), I think they should consider a "badge"/shield there, instead, with the new "B" logo.

Sleek and original. Why haven't the Bluecoats thought of more police-style uniform in the past, given the heritage of the corps? The black patton leather shoes tie in well with the helmet, which is the slickest piece of headwear that I've seen thus far. Instead of gauntlets, the top has cuffs... with cuff links and all.

The uniform is apparently two-tone, but the photo doesn't show it very well.

I predict that the Bluecoats image overhaul is going to set a new standard for DCI. This look will applied to trucks, souvies... you name it. It seems similar to the professional sports way of doing things. I'll remain neutral in terms of expressing my feelings about that. :ph34r:

I'm very excited about this season!

Edited by midwesternlull

I would be absolutely proud to wear this uniform. Hopefully I'll get the chance to next season.

As much as I like Bluecoats, I'm not a fan of this one. Hope it can change my mind if I see them over the summer.

As much as the design fits the police theme they're going for, the first thing I thought when I saw it was "Blue Devils"...