DCP-I 8 Season Discussion!

Scores are posted, congrats to the 18 corps moving on! It was a really tight competition for the final spots in Div 3.... a corps missed out on Semi's by 0.001

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:beer: Well ain't that a.....oh well. Congrats to all those who moved on.

The WYAA has one thing to say to all this...

Holy ####### ####!!! :beer:

The Lights have turned on at the right time!! From being cellar dwellers for much of the first half of the season, to taking DCPI prelims is a momentous occasion for the kids in the organization.

The show locked tonight, the visuals we added for effect popped. The kids are feeling on top of the world. I'm sure the ice cream afterwards will help, too. B)

Swingers are trying to make this last addition to the show work. They finished 4th tonight, and hope to see a medal this time around. This is a great improvement over their first two seasons of looking to bigger and younger brothers and sisters making it out of the first round and them being left to watch from the stands. Tomorrow, the whole organization will be out at I&E cheering on the rest of DCPI's participants in their performances. The new uniforms by Brent Becker have done wonders to improve the corps visual appearance and effect.

The WYAA corps and members from Kosmos, Velocity, and Providence are having a grand finals feast on Wednesday, after the conclusion of I&E. The WYAA cook trucks seemed to have found some Texas steaks left in the freezers from their swing through cattle country. KV&P are bringing jalepenos that they had from their swing through Arizona. We've heard that their cooks make some dang good chili. The directors might make a break for it afterwards. :blink:

Their director, Matt, added to this to the menu, "Kosmos will be bringing the coyote and roadrunner that it ran over on their way to Cali from Arizona."

So far, we've heard that roadrunner is good eating...but the coyote might be a little stringy.

Both FDRegiment and FDCadets advance to the semis. I couldn't be more proud than I am now for both corps. Everyone did an exceptional job in Quarterfinals and it only gets better from here. Good luck to everybody! :)

Great showing for second- nipping at the heels of Port Washington!

Despite a strong early season, Velocity just never seemed to have it together at the end. Either the last changes the staff had put in were a bit over the members' heads, or they aren't being taught how to "finish" a season well enough.

Les Blanc Chevalier and Cape Cod Regiment are actually right where we want to be. We have learned from experience that you dont want to come on too strong during the begining of finals week. We had our kids hold back just a little last night so they could be strong enough to make semi's in a very competitve field, but not burn out too fast. So far--all is as planned.

We want to extend a special congratulations to our fellow CLASS corps we now move on: Florida Dragon Regiment who won Division II, Sunset Sound our sister corps and Florida Dragon Cadets in division III. CLASS is looking stronger then ever!

Ehh,

I had a feeling that the season would turn out rough for us. Oh well, I guess we prepare for next year, then...

Mystré members are very excited for tonight and I'm anxious to see how the judges react to our recent changes to the program. The staff and I have decided to go against the trend of corps that are sticking to cleaning and not a lot of show development, we add and took away parts to our show. The wrong judging panel, and we might have a long week because one judge could be the difference between first, second, and not making it past semis.

Best of luck to all in this CLOSE season.

A couple of days late, but here's FDC's report:

2 FDC United corps took the field with strong performances at the Division 2/3 Prelims in Pasadena CA. In Division 3 competition, Providence turned in a masterful performance of their "Muse" program and found themselves in 2nd place behind the Port Washington Lights. The corps also tied for High GE and will have a chance to advance to finals at tomorrow's Semifinals competition. In Division 2 competition, Velocity put on a strong performance amidst the largest field of corps in Division 2 history, but were not able to advance out of the first round. The members are disappointed at the competitive outcome but the mood among the corps is that they put their best effort out on the field and are content with that. The corps will look to continue the musical direction they've been going in- expect a fun and entertaining program based on the music of Pat Metheny next season!