The Cavaliers 2007 Show

Its a shame you guys sat there timing the playing and moving together, instead of watching the show. You guys must be REALLY accurate with those stopwatches to time a show on a first read. Nice Job.

Thanks, I am quite good with a stopwatch. Was it perfect? No. Was I generous? Yes. Did I probly mess up? Yes

the exact time was 3:27 playing and moving. That DOES NOT include the drill where the people not playing are marching. Cause we know they like to do that oh so well. And yes I'd rather expose thisto the world of drum corps than watch the Cavies on the field for the first time.

Excuse my while I roll on the ground again

and again

and....while i face my dot and run to it

h/o gotta roll on the floor again

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I am quite good with a stopwatch. Was it perfect? No. Was I generous? Yes. Did I probly mess up? Yes

the exact time was 3:27 playing and moving. That DOES NOT include the drill where the people not playing are marching. Cause we know they like to do that oh so well. And yes I'd rather expose thisto the world of drum corps than watch the Cavies on the field for the first time.

and again

Whoo I love bias! You lose credibility when you attack another corps. I feel cadet/cavie bitterness in all of your posts. If you don't like the show, that's fine, but leave your maroon influenced opinion out of it. :D

I guess times have really changed, cause it used to be we wouldn't have full shows at the end of May, not the middle of June! :P I recall times of changing drills in the middle of tour but having full shows by June.

Is it just the schools letting out later the reason for all of this?

But I see the flame wars between the diehard fans are already beginning. :laugh:

I see those who love the Cadets show or Bluecoats or whomever, love their show but hate the Cavaliers, and vice versa.

I guess some things never change on here. :laugh:

Actually I marched Cadets and the Cavaliers show last year was one of my favorites along with SCV and Cadets. While I don't admit this very often the Cavaliers are probably my second favorite corps.

I still think they don't march and play very much this year and that the visual program is for the first time in many years completely uninspiring.

If trusting the word of someone who I marched with for multiple years is hearsay, them im not sure what isnt. :laugh:

not to mention that i inserted much of my direct knowledge into the post, based on having seen the show live, and their rehearsal...live. You cant attack an entire post with a generalization about one sentence, especially if your generalization is wrong in the first place.

You marched Cadets, riiiiiight? Okay. Just checking.

Whoo I love bias! You lose credibility when you attack another corps. I feel cadet/cavie bitterness in all of your posts. If you don't like the show, that's fine, but leave your maroon influenced opinion out of it. :D

I was really generous when I was timing them too! I swear! A second is a second, no matter where ur from. Am I biased? YES! Is my watch? NO!

Next chance I get i'll do it again and let y'all know how much they don't move and play. Cause when I looked @ my watch I was quite pleased that they did so little of the two. They base their program too heavily in the visual program. Horn on the face....keep it there

to be clear, yes he is biased, but he didnt attack the corps...he was merely making fun of what he saw as excessive use of a silly visual in the show.

he didnt like the show, and that is fine (like you said).

I love the music. Horns and drums are right on par with past Cavalier horns and drumlines.

There were a few timing issues in the first minute of the opener, but it locked in solid

after that. I know this show is going to be another contender. They will add plenty

of signature drill and hopefully some new stuff we haven't seen yet.

My only suggestion about the show, is they need to find a way to clip down

the neck ties on the guard members. At one point, the wind blew a tie right into

a memeber's face and he almost missed a rifle catch.

and again

Is that what the narrator is saying while the corps is doing it? ^0^

I couldn't make heads or tails of the Cavaliers' show on the web cast last night. The video was pretty useless.

The drill must be bad to have a bunch of Cadet Alums up in arms about The Cavaliers coming out on top at the 1st show. Is their drill akin to that 1995 Cadets show that people were complaining about way back when? I mean I really liked that show. There's wasn't a lot of marching going in but it still got 2nd place. Or was it that 2002 Cadets show that many people were complaining about? The one that got 3rd place. Or was it the 2006 show?

Like I said, I haven't seen the drill, but it seems that sometimes the visual innovators do always go with the most difficult drill they've ever done. I don't know. It sounds to me like a bunch of Cadet Homers trying to get a little heat off of their corps by putting a little focus on another. :P

I'm sure all the corps will take this as a challenge to give us their best. At the end of the day, it's really not about the members. It's more about the design team and THEIR philosophies being regurgitated by the minions of people coming in and out of the organizations. I've heard this logic being used before against the Cavaliers. Interesting....

Carry on.

Edited by jjeffeory

Is that what the narrator is saying while the corps is doing it? ^0^

I couldn't make heads or tails of the Cavaliers' show on the web cast last night. The video was pretty useless.

It must be bad to have a bunch of Cadet Alums up in arms or The Cavaliers coming out on top at the 1st show. Is this akin to that 1995 Cadets show that people were complaining about way back when? I mean I really liked that show. There's wasn't a lot of marching going in but it still got 2nd place. Or was it that 2002 Cadets show that many people were complaining about? The one that got 3rd place. Or was it the 2006 show?

Like I said, I haven't seen the drill, but it seems that sometimes the visual innovators do always go with the most difficult drill they've ever done. I don't know. It sounds to me like a bunch of Cadet Homers trying to get a little heat off of their corps by putting a little focus on another. :P

I'm sure all the corps will take this as a challenge to give us their best. At the end of the day, it's really not about the members. It's more about the design team and THEIR philosophies being regurgitated by the minions of people coming in and out of the organizations. I've heard this logic being used before against the Cavaliers. Interesting....

Carry on.

Of course it couldn't be that people (Cadets alums and non-Cadets alums) are giving their honest opinion.