So, while we're waiting...

Guess which of these corps never existed:

The Ishpeming Blue Notes

The Waukesha Gardenias

The Immaculate Conception Hellgaters

Our Lady of Czestochowa Ramblers

The Fresno Ferns

The Hormel Spamettes

Ground rules: no consulting with others, use of books or internet.

Pretty sure there was an Ish Notes and OLC Ramblers. IC Hell sounds too nasty for church. Wau Gardenias sounds made up. Think I've heard of the Ferns, but that might have been in a joke somewhere.

As for The Hormel Spamettes corps, I'd say no go on them. But, if they were real, they must have had some meaty babes.

BTW, Ghost put up Saturday's Pittsfield Alumni gig in the Alum Thread. Frank Diliberto BHOF still crankin' it with the Selden folks and sounds as good as ever.

God bless this man.

Edited by gsksun4

The Ishpeming Blue Notes

The Waukesha Gardenias

The Fresno Ferns

The Hormel Spamettes

I think they all existed. Maybe not the Gardenias, but my official guess is that they all existed.

The Ishpeming Blue Notes

The Waukesha Gardenias

The Fresno Ferns

The Hormel Spamettes

I believe the Fresno Ferns were the manifestation of a left-coaster's imagination. Goes back, at least, to the days of the person who shall not be named on RAMD. Charlie Groh might have had something to do with this/them?

• Like 1

I believe the Fresno Ferns were the manifestation of a left-coaster's imagination. Goes back, at least, to the days of the person who shall not be named on RAMD. Charlie Groh might have had something to do with this/them?

I think there was even a fake announcement of the Ferns formation in DCN in the 60's ... all a spoof according to guys like Groh ...

:-)

C'mon Frank! If I don't use the internet, I can't answer the question. Guess WHO is ON the internet. Geez.

I'm going with the Ishpeming Blue Notes, although the Hormel Spamettes sure sounds like something you would dream up.

Can you picture the guard uniforms?

A little flag that says "If you beat us you can eat us" ???

Merge them with the Hershey Chocolatiers and get, well... something disgusting I guess...

Ray and others. These last few replys are what I was getting at over all. FROM these Corps and many others accross the nation are where all the "Guess Whos" came from. They went on spreading out to other Corps. Some became Famous, some not so much.

Now as to "Ishmpeming Blue Notes". THANKS to your for coming to my Corps aid at VFW Nationals. Your Director and the Commander of the Michigan State VFW Commander coming to defending us when a Building Manager came and gave us trouble. To Defend my Corps members for "Sitting" on the steps of a building while waiting to step off into the VFW National Parade. in 1966 in NYC.

I know as an Absolute FACT. That: "Ishp. Blue Notes", "OLC Ramblers", "Spamett's" , for sure were real Corps. I know there was a Corps named "Hell Gate". They were from New York City. But not sure they were a Church Corps. No Idea about Ferns or Gardenias.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

2B or not 2B = Sherlock Holmes

Very good!

The Hellgaters were named for the Hell Gate Bridge that connects Astoria to the Bronx, and were indeed sponsored by the Immaculate Conception Church.

Ray Priester will "confirm" this, if you'll pardon the double pun.

I'll get back to you on the Ferns and Gardenias.

As for the Spamettes, they were for real and actually competed at Legion Nationals a couple of times. They missed finals by .2 on their first try.

• Like 2

2B or not 2B = Sherlock Holmes

As for the Spamettes, they were for real and actually competed at Legion Nationals a couple of times. They missed finals by .2 on their first try.

Probably a good thing - anyone that grew up as poor as my family can tell you one thing you don't want is Spam twice in the same weekend.

Probably a good thing - anyone that grew up as poor as my family can tell you one thing you don't want is Spam twice in the same weekend.

And nothing you could do to Spam could kill that taste that told you it was in a can since Adam and Eve closed it up.....

• Like 1