935 replies to this topic

#41 SFZFAN

SFZFAN

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Also, you guys must be high.  I fully want/hope/expect this program to be (in performance order) Strawberry Soup, Malaga, Malaguena, Malaga, Malaga.

I agree - I'd be perfectly happy with rehashed Madison tunes.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go Scouts!

#42 perc2100

perc2100

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I agree - I'd be perfectly happy with rehashed Madison tunes.

If I want to see a rehash of Madison tunes, I'd be more inclined to cue up Fan Network or fire up the DVD player rather than pay money to see it happen again in DCI.  I know I might be in the minority and that's fine, but for the most I'm I am so over the idea of rehash shows: let those awesome legacy shows remain a legacy and not redone (often not-as-well) by future corps.  History seems to show that dusting off older 'fan favorite' or competitively successful show ideas is not the way to achieve "Exceeds new standards" on the sheets.  

If Madison did those charts in a concert-type setting?  I'd be ALL for that (I loved hearing BD classics in their theater environment in 1999 when I saw 'em).  But when I watch current DCI shows I want to see something new & fresh on the field, not a slightly different rehash of a 20 year old show.

doug

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

#43 Nine White Russians

Nine White Russians

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

If I want to see a rehash of Madison tunes, I'd be more inclined to cue up Fan Network or fire up the DVD player rather than pay money to see it happen again in DCI.  I know I might be in the minority and that's fine, but for the most I'm I am so over the idea of rehash shows: let those awesome legacy shows remain a legacy and not redone (often not-as-well) by future corps.  History seems to show that dusting off older 'fan favorite' or competitively successful show ideas is not the way to achieve "Exceeds new standards" on the sheets.  

If Madison did those charts in a concert-type setting?  I'd be ALL for that (I loved hearing BD classics in their theater environment in 1999 when I saw 'em).  But when I watch current DCI shows I want to see something new & fresh on the field, not a slightly different rehash of a 20 year old show.

Luckily, Chris Komnick (I think it was him) said that the 2014 Scouts show will feature all new material (at least for them)! And I agree, re-hashed shows are stale for me and if Malaguena-ga or any variation is done again, I will lose my mind (in a bad way!). There is sooo much great music out there (especially from these two sources), why would they NOT explore some of it?

Edited by Nine White Russians, 31 October 2013 - 04:46 PM.

"When my mother was pregnant with me, they did an ultrasound and found she was having twins. When they did another ultrasound a few weeks later, they discovered that I had adsorbed the other fetus. Do I regret this? No, I believe his tissue has made me stronger. I now have the strength of a grown man and a little baby."

-- Dwight Schrute

#44 MelloMatt

MelloMatt

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Please play Loss... 

Star%20of%20Indiana%20Banner.jpg

Troopers%20Banner.jpgBlue%20Knights%20Banner%202014.jpgCadets%202014.jpgBluecoats%202014.jpg

#45 Ghost

Ghost

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Please play Loss... 

http://www.youtube.c...pCqnLn6G7k#t=39

If you're not a liberal by 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by 35, you have no brain.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. BF

Proper prior planning prevents pisss poor performance.

#46 MelloMatt

MelloMatt

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

What in the world did I just watch......

Troopers%20Banner.jpgBlue%20Knights%20Banner%202014.jpgCadets%202014.jpgBluecoats%202014.jpg

#47 Ghost

Ghost

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

What in the world did I just watch......

Looks like you've never  seen Blast, but you did ask for the Scouts to play Loss.

Edited by Ghost, 31 October 2013 - 09:06 PM.

If you're not a liberal by 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by 35, you have no brain.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. BF

Proper prior planning prevents pisss poor performance.

#48 MelloMatt

MelloMatt

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

I have seen parts of Blast, but never a tambourine playing bird.

#49 84BDsop

84BDsop

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,541 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Try this link instead....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=X9_FHkjXwak

Sam Signorelli
'84 Blue Devils "A"
'84-'85 Keesler AFB Blue Knights

'86 Dagenham Crusaders (DCUK)
'87 Empire Statesmen Sr.
'94-'97 Nightfire
'02-'06 SoCal Dream Sr.
'04 Crunchy Frog
'07 Blue Devils Alumni
'08 En Garde

#50 MelloMatt

MelloMatt

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:58 AM

@84BDsop I did see that one a couple hundred times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Corps Announcement, Repertoire, Madison Scouts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.