Viscerality

Visceral: relating to deep inward feelings rather than to the intellect.

This is a question that requires you to "let go" a little and not overthink the mechanics of what we are seeing this year.

When you watch the shows this year which one moves you the most viscerally?

I'm not asking which show you think is the most refined or technically the best as it relates to general effect. I'm just wondering which show stirs your emotions the most? Don't feel compelled to give a reason because often these kind of emotions aren't easily explained.

P.S. I know that viscerality isn't a word, but it sounded kind of fun.

A show that makes you cry from the pure beauty and emotion? Yeah, none this year that I have seen.

Cadets 2000 was the last show that made me cry. Phantom 2010 came close. I think Blue Knights this year might be "that" show, but I haven't seen it.

...watched the show yesterday in a pretty well-set-up living room...big screen and nice sound. A few older, experienced, you might say jaded, educator/corps people observing. When 'Coats were over the place was bonkers. TV...stereo sound...not live. Now, I've seen this show a couple of times (yes, there is an "of" ...I don't speak Strunk/AP since I gave it up for Lent) and have already decided that it's the baddest thing I've seen in the 52 years I've been experiencing drum corps. I was at Camp Randall in '92 for VK's shark attack (actually helped set it up, but that is a minor bias IMO) and several other OMG moments...this *show* puts all that into perspective. Thank you 'Coats, for redefining my personal parameters! And, of course, after yesterday's performance, a few other older folks, also.

Edited by chasgroh
  • Like 1

BK 2014 is the most emotional show I've seen in a long time. My favorite of the year.