Viscerality

...watched the show yesterday in a pretty well-set-up living room...big screen and nice sound. A few older, experienced, you might say jaded, educator/corps people observing. When 'Coats were over the place was bonkers. TV...stereo sound...not live. Now, I've seen this show a couple of times (yes, there is an "of" ...I don't speak Strunk/AP since I gave it up for Lent) and have already decided that it's the baddest thing I've seen in the 52 years I've been experiencing drum corps. I was at Camp Randall in '92 for VK's shark attack (actually helped set it up, but that is a minor bias IMO) and several other OMG moments...this *show* puts all that into perspective. Thank you 'Coats, for redefining my personal parameters! And, of course, after yesterday's performance, a few other older folks, also.

This is not describing deep, reflective, inward feelings. This is an outwardly, joyful reaction.

...hahaha...you must be an English major, Mr. Willis! i dunno, I've always thought of visceral, the word, as describing a profound, deep yes, effect on one's emotions...and I've used it quite a few times whilst writing...but what do I know, I'm only a journalism major (notice the lower case)...not wanting to pick a semantical fight, but it seems to me that extreme joy is far from outward, emotionally, and in fact any "outward" emotion is most likely produced...uh...inside! LOL...rock on brother...

...hahaha...you must be an English major, Mr. Willis! i dunno, I've always thought of visceral, the word, as describing a profound, deep yes, effect on one's emotions...and I've used it quite a few times whilst writing...but what do I know, I'm only a journalism major (notice the lower case)...not wanting to pick a semantical fight, but it seems to me that extreme joy is far from outward, emotionally, and in fact any "outward" emotion is most likely produced...uh...inside! LOL...rock on brother...

Nice use of "whilst"

This made me literally (not figuratively) LOL. And I have nicked it for my sig... I must find a way to use windafoon in daily conversation.

Forget Windafoon. MCDEXTERPOIN FTW!

The Cadets are proud to announce their 2015 performance...."Moist"

That's awesome!

To answer the question, I think the only part of ANY corps show that does this is Bluecoats' ballad.

I experience viscerality every time Kristin Lichtenthal salutes and smiles.

Positively, hands down Blue Knights. Love, Love, Love it. Gotta see it live. Also, closers for Troopers and Bluecoats and ballad for Oregon Crusaders.

Negatively, Crown - for the first 2/3s of their show. So disappointed with the design (musically & visually). Doesn't connect to me at all to the point it makes me angry knowing what they've been capable of the last 10 years and the talent they have. Also, Colts - I just want to say shut up in a very visceral way!

Harvey

Colts - Normally HATE narration, but this one time it works with the show. Don't care for the girl singing as that pulls me back into reality... Would be better as an ensemble thing at this point.

Blue Knights - HATE the narration, but I'm into the show.

Cavaliers - Love all the additions they've made to the show since the beginning; turned a meh show into one of the great one's of the season.

Crown - Well, most of the show is this way, there's a little lull during the muffler break to the mid-high horn section. Last part of the show is riveting!

Bluecoats - Pretty much the whole show.

Almost there:

Oregon Crusaders - The string player is tops. Normally hate this type of thing in corps, but she's tops.

Boston Crusaders.

Someone else mentioned in another thread that this is one of those shows that, regardless of placement, is going to stick out a lot for the right reasons. Nothing they're doing is particularly "new", but it certainly is beautiful in a great dark way. This might be the one show from this season that will actually be memorable for me once this season is over.