Just Discovered "Into the Light"

Good golly Ghost; we posted at the same time 8:48 PM. Great minds think alike :)

Edit: time changed to 10:48 PM. I finally met someone on DCP in my time zone. Too funny!

But the weather has been nicer than normal this Winter in the St. G area.

WOW ! !

I am not a Big Fan of DCI, or the direction they are headed. I call it DCBI (Drum Corps Band International).

Yet Year after year. I like Phantom Regiment.

Can someone please Explain why I always LOVE "Phantom Regiment". I am OLD and prefer more of the Old Style. Phantom is NOT Old Style. It is like how my Favorite Cavies was "Machine". Loved that. Can hardly call that Old Style, yet I loved that also. Almost Never like Blue Devils. BUT do like Santa Clara Vanguard. They do a lot of shows I like. Not very Old Style there either.

What is it in Phantom and SCV that gets me? And Blue Devils and Carolina that turn me OFF?

It sounds like you are a Big Fan of DCI.

You don't have to prefer the modern shows in order to be a big fan, or to like the direction it is going. You just have to like some shows done by some corps. So job done.

I'm a big fan of that show, too. My favorite from them post-Spartacus I think.

It sounds like you are a Big Fan of DCI.

You don't have to prefer the modern shows in order to be a big fan, or to like the direction it is going. You just have to like some shows done by some corps. So job done.

Doesn't the fact that you have an account on this website usually mean you're a big fan of DCI?

But the weather has been nicer than normal this Winter in the St. G area.

The weather has been nice here too; unusually so? We're back to cold and snow now yet the days are getting longer with more sun. I'm into the light.

• Like 1

This was unquestionably the most beautiful thing on the field in 2010. Great final battery from Paul Rennick, too.

This was unquestionably the most beautiful thing on the field in 2010. Great final battery from Paul Rennick, too.

The percussion was unreal from top to bottom. I'm pretty sure all the players had to shotgun a six-pack of Red Bull before each performance, 'cause that's just some Guy Fieri off the hook insane stuff going on.

The percussion was unreal from top to bottom. I'm pretty sure all the players had to shotgun a six-pack of Red Bull before each performance, 'cause that's just some Guy Fieri off the hook insane stuff going on.

I keep hearing this and I've lsitened to this show a thousand times and still don't understand what was SO amazing about the percussion. Maybe it just wasn't as flashy as other corps? I mean, this is coming from someone who hasn't touched a percussion instrument ever so obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about but I usually can distinguish phenomenal lines from good lines.

I keep hearing this and I've lsitened to this show a thousand times and still don't understand what was SO amazing about the percussion. Maybe it just wasn't as flashy as other corps? I mean, this is coming from someone who hasn't touched a percussion instrument ever so obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about but I usually can distinguish phenomenal lines from good lines.

I can't generally tell how difficult percussion is either, but I can tell that the percussion features in PH 2010 are very exciting musically. Really great stuff. It just rocks.

Mixed feeling on this show

Thought it was the most interesting and challenging visual on the field that year (mirrors never did it for me). Got the full impact of it in Rockford when they premiered the entrance and exist plus it’s a low stadium and I really noticed my head slowly moving across the field to follow the show, really like that part, they just never got it clean

The drum line was amazing, one of the best I have ever heard. Seemed like the show was written around them to the point the brass was reduced to a supporting role. Brass had 2 big impacts the opening and closing statements which were great but there wasn’t much for the brass in-between. It show felt like a drum solo with a brass accompaniment and the brass acting like a visual component, marching more than playing. Felt like SCV did the same sort of show last year. Didn’t care for the guard much at all, the performance or the writing, they were the weak link…if ever a show didn’t need a guard…….

Overall, credit for trying, not bad at all but they’ve done better