Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

Blue Knights:

Hit:

Unfortunately, I caught someone massively ticking (check the feet), but the 1992 uniform is one of the iconic looks in the history of DCI:

04_25_2014_bk94_2_620x370.jpg

1984-1990 (the miss)... not so much.

ngsetx.jpg

Next Up...

Carolina Crown

Oh my god Crown has so many awfull awfull misses (like 2009) im curious which one people will choose.

Carolina Crown:

Hit: 2012 (Both variations from the show)

7587297514_f97805869b.jpg

7753803870_067a1ee135.jpg

Miss: 2006 (Uniforms are kinda boring and the two colors just do not go together)

180063793_9bd59ae4d9.jpg

Next up: Santa Clara Vanguard

• Like 1

Blue Knights:

Hit:

Unfortunately, I caught someone massively ticking (check the feet), but the 1992 uniform is one of the iconic looks in the history of DCI:

04_25_2014_bk94_2_620x370.jpg

I couldn't agree more. To me this is the Blue Knights. So simple but so effective.

• Like 3

Carolina Crown:

Hit: 2012 (Both variations from the show)

7587297514_f97805869b.jpg

I disagree.

Although the style does make them look taller from this angle, the fittings were poor and bulky (check the "cuffs" and flappy faux- epaulets and cross-stomach bleeder.)

The neck lines look like a bunch of High Anglican clergymen in rabats and pontiff Roman collars which didn't go with the theme of the show at all.

The other additions of the "Cream series" uniforms presented a trimmer, more streamlined presentation more suitable for a clean looking drill. Even the "Music Man" version (purple striping) was more acceptable and beneficial when one looks at the whole corps image, not just the stix kids.

Sometimes with uniforms too much credit is given to the name of the designer rather than to the actual design. So too true in DCI drum corps today.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Carolina Crown:

Miss: 2006 (Uniforms are kinda boring and the two colors just do not go together)

180063793_9bd59ae4d9.jpg

Not a miss at all. I have always liked these uniforms. I thought they helped to define Crown as they started to move up the ranks.

• Like 3

Oh my god Crown has so many awfull awfull misses (like 2009) im curious which one people will choose.

I don't think they have so many "awful misses" but I agree that 2009 was not great. I thought the green dangly things on their uniform looked like over grown plants or licorice.

Not a miss at all. I have always liked these uniforms. I thought they helped to define Crown as they started to move up the ranks.

Totally agree. I've actually liked all Crown uniforms through the years.

These uniforms look like other drum corps I have seen earlier on. I don't think they are bad at all. I just don't think they look like Crossmen.

As someone who marched that uniform - My recollection is that most of us loathed them and thought Robby had flipped his lid when we saw them for the first time.

Totally agree. I've actually liked all Crown uniforms through the years.

Evil twin alert. I've pretty much hated every uniform design they've worn. :sly:

It's between them, the Blue Knights, and the Colts as my least favorite corps when it comes to uniforms. Can't think of a single one I like from throughout the years. Blechhh!!!

• Like 2