Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

Maybe not "loathe", but I don't disagree with your general assessment.

Yeah, loathe was a strong word, but they are still by far the worst World Class uniforms I've seen in a long time (2013 OC's WGI pajamas not counting).

Yeah, I don't know how I made that mistake. I think I was making a mental note about how Juliet (2011) was a big miss.

The Red Violin all-whites in 09 were really nice too, but I've always fondly remembered that really rad side sash from Into the Light.

IMO the issue with 2009 was the only time the baldric/sash did not show creases/wrinkles was in the offical FJM catalogue photos. The modification to the unform for 2010 was really well done IMO.

2011/2012 - I thought the crests on the front were quite nice. The black and white details on the uniform were quite sharp looking.

2013 - IMO Phantom looked like they had entered some sort of a "Star Trek" alternate warring universe mixed with Locutus of Borg.

Edited by Lincoln

I would nominate 1988 Spirit as quite possibly the worst uniform of any corps EVER.

Here is a picture..well best I found to show 1988 Spirit. And I agree these were horrible especially what was on the shoulders.

1988%20Spirit.png

I also agree with the posters who said SCV early 2000's uni were too green. Also the current multi-colored rainbow Colts uniform..ugh.

It's interesting as these get posted how some of us think the Hit is a Miss and the Miss is a Hit. Goes to show there is no one true great uniform for everyone.

Well unless its this one..... :cool:

D77CF4AA04.jpg

Then again, that Belvidere corps never did do either Texas or the Swamp tour like today's corps.

I wonder how wearable those unis would feel in the 120 degree heat and humidity?

No doubt sweltering. No lightweight uniforms in those days. Awesome and intimidating look though.