Uniforms (or Costumes if you prefer)... Hits or Misses over the years.

I liked the OLD Colts river gambler orange jackets.

you liked the purple disasters?!?!

They looked amazing. The blue ones were disasters.

• Like 2

Santa Clara Vanguard

Hit: 2014

37432961961e1aaf0b1abc5b91035f8f.jpg

Picking a shocker here, since the traditional green is replaced with black, white, and gold. But guys, this look was soooooooo sleek last year, and to be honest a red jacket with a white sash gets boring after a while, even if you add some green to the jacket... This was a nice shake up, and it complemented their show immensely.

Miss: 2002

07_09_2002_scvuniforms.jpg

My god, it's like the green escaped the confines of their pants and tried to devour the marchers. Not to mention the complete lack of any sort of trim or accent, and the jacket splits meant that at certain times you could possibly see no red outside of the plume. I'm a fan of green on SCV, but this was waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. EDIT: Also, never been a fan of the green pants/black shoes combo. Only uni I've ever seen come close to pulling it off was 2010-2013 Madison, and even then I had my hesitations. Here, they just look awful. Maybe the green's too bright.

Next up: Phantom Regiment

Edited by Cainan
Fixed broken link

you liked the purple disasters?!?!

I did too, actually. I honestly thought they looked pretty good on the field and accentuated the body movement nicely.

• Like 2

Hmn...

In fairness, shouldn't the posters be also giving us a picture of themselves so that we might be able to ascertain their sartorial expertise?

To me it has always been funny that the less than trim and the anorexic always have a comment about what look good on others.

My uniform picture I will first have to clear with Witness Protection, ha, ha.

Hmn...

In fairness, shouldn't the posters be also giving us a picture of themselves so that we might be able to ascertain their sartorial expertise?

To me it has always been funny that the less than trim and the anorexic always have a comment about what look good on others.

My uniform picture I will first have to clear with Witness Protection, ha, ha.

Hey, I provided a picture of myself in the uniform that I deemed as a miss! What are you trying to say here? :dontgetit: