Fan Network 2015

So my question remains, does anybody have the "Inside Scoop"?

not enough to say anything

So my question remains, does anybody have the "Inside Scoop"?

I'm curious as well. My response from FN made zero mention of 2015 which seems a little odd; I would've thought at least a "we'll be releasing our 2015 FN information in the near future and we hope you're satisfied with service again." Or maybe I'm just reading way too much into it.

I have heard from a few 'insiders' but nothing concrete.

When I donated to Carolina Crown this year, they said I would get a subscription to fan network as a thank you gift. Then a couple weeks later, I got an email saying fan network was being shut down and they were going to send me a DVD instead.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I didn't donate because I wanted a gift so it didn't make any difference to me.

When I donated to Carolina Crown this year, they said I would get a subscription to fan network as a thank you gift. Then a couple weeks later, I got an email saying fan network was being shut down and they were going to send me a DVD instead.

I have no idea if this is true or not, and I didn't donate because I wanted a gift so it didn't make any difference to me.

Dan Acheson is quoted in the recent DCI Today magazine that fans "can go to the theater on June 17, then follow the corps throughout the summer on Fan Network leading up to championships", so I don't think Fan Network is going to be shut down. Altered or changed? Probably. My guess is they unfortunately drop all of the archive videos 1999 and back from streaming capability for subscribers, and only offer 2000 on up. Then they only offer those older archive videos for download purchase, or by purchasing the Legacy DVD sets.

Its interesting to notice that on WGI's new fanzone site, they are only offering 2015 and 2014 vids - initially, they had a spot for "archives - coming soon", but that has disappeared. I wonder if they decided to bag that idea due to the copyright issues they would still possibly face...

Dan Acheson is quoted in the recent DCI Today magazine that fans "can go to the theater on June 17, then follow the corps throughout the summer on Fan Network leading up to championships", so I don't think Fan Network is going to be shut down. Altered or changed? Probably. My guess is they unfortunately drop all of the archive videos 1999 and back from streaming capability for subscribers, and only offer 2000 on up. Then they only offer those older archive videos for download purchase, or by purchasing the Legacy DVD sets.

Its interesting to notice that on WGI's new fanzone site, they are only offering 2015 and 2014 vids - initially, they had a spot for "archives - coming soon", but that has disappeared. I wonder if they decided to bag that idea due to the copyright issues they would still possibly face...

And WGI is still selling zero DVDs I think. I can't tell if that's a legal thing or just early(ish) adopters of "no physical media needed" business model.

IMO, I honestly don't care what DCI does with archives PROVIDED THEY COMMUNICATE WITH FANS! I mostly get FN for the live streams, though I do utilize the archives throughout the calendar year. I would totally understand if DCI decided it was FAR easier legally to dump the archives, especially the older stuff with trickier clearance issues, and just focus on making the live streams awesome. As long as DCI communicates to customers regarding explicitly what is included in the service, if/when they have to change the service in any way, etc. I will have zero issues.

Here's hoping things are at least calmed-down enough to keep FN live streams + current season archives up. I've heard some not-so-great rumors, but I'm hoping the live streaming is still viable for DCI

Here's hoping things are at least calmed-down enough to keep FN live streams + current season archives up. I've heard some not-so-great rumors, but I'm hoping the live streaming is still viable for DCI

I would think that if it is going to be a "negative" announcement that they would not wait til the last minute to do that...but what do I know....LOL

I would think that if it is going to be a "negative" announcement that they would not wait til the last minute to do that...but what do I know....LOL

IDK; it took DCI over a month I think to even send out an email to FN customers after pulling several shows from the archives in December. DCI does not seem too keen on announcing bad news, so I'm almost incline to think the later they announce anything the worse the news is likely to be**

** note: I'm originally from OH, and a life-long Cleveland sports fan so naturally I tend to be more pessimistic about things :tounge2:

IDK; it took DCI over a month I think to even send out an email to FN customers after pulling several shows from the archives in December. DCI does not seem too keen on announcing bad news, so I'm almost incline to think the later they announce anything the worse the news is likely to be**

** note: I'm originally from OH, and a life-long Cleveland sports fan so naturally I tend to be more pessimistic about things :tounge2:

it was like waiting to see who blinked first...WGI or DCI. But I imagine we hear something soon.