Best DM 2015

David Warren (Phantom always has the best, most expressive drum majors) and Willie Veenstra (I think that's how you spell his last name) for sure.

Those two stand out for me. Both seem to add some type of emotion or energy to their respective shows.

• Like 3

David Warren (Phantom always has the best, most expressive drum majors) and Willie Veenstra (I think that's how you spell his last name) for sure.

Those two stand out for me. Both seem to add some type of emotion or energy to their respective shows.

Yup! In total agreement. They are the top 2! David is class, while Willie is bad***! Totally different styles, but both excel at their style. I will also add that Mandarin's DM caught my attention tonight. That little lady was rocking that podium!

I always hate the topic of best DM just because there is SOOOO much more to DM than those 11-12 minutes conducting the show. That's pretty much the only thing most people will base their judgement on just because for most people, it's all they ever see of the DM other than at retreat after the show. Every DM has their own way of doing the job and 99% of them are successful. Just because a DM seems more "uptight and cold" compared to very expressive or emotional doesn't make them any better or worse.

My $0.02...

To answer the question, don't have a favorite this year. I remember last year really having a lot of respect for the The Cadets DM (think her name is Kendall) and know she's back again this year.

• Like 4

Yes he is real good. I got to meet him. really nice guy. All I can say though is..No one is cooler than Niko! He is the best! That guy is hilarious and is so full of personality.

I always hate the topic of best DM just because there is SOOOO much more to DM than those 11-12 minutes conducting the show. That's pretty much the only thing most people will base their judgement on just because for most people, it's all they ever see of the DM other than at retreat after the show. Every DM has their own way of doing the job and 99% of them are successful. Just because a DM seems more "uptight and cold" compared to very expressive or emotional doesn't make them any better or worse.

Agreed. The 12 minutes of the show are probably the easiest and least effective a DM is in DCI. The other 23 hrs of the day are when they do their jobs. To watch them lead OFF the field is really the only way to truly judge which one is the best.

Edited by eightyonepointthree

David Warren from Phantom is absolutely phenomenal.

• Like 1