Phantom Regiment 2016

I just heard that PR popped a 78 tonight. Is that true?

Highly doubt it

PR not breaking 70 is bad news...If there isn't a significant jump in the next week there will be no top 5 finish again this year. Right now it's looking like a 7-9 slot.

No rose colored glasses here.

Their show feels very one-dimensional, in a season of multiple high end, high-complexity, multi-dimensional shows. Into the Light, to me, was a much better version of this type of show. You don't have to have pink ramps and trampolines to have a great show, but you do have to take more risks and have the courage to set a higher bar when you start the season. Otherwise, the show just peters out.

I'd put SCV's show as a great example of this. That's the kind of creativity I want to see from Phantom. Does't help that Cavaliers appear to have found a niche this season, and will likely finish several points ahead of them.

FWIW, I think these uniforms are blah. Either go hard core Phantom military black and white, or something else. Just adds to the been there/done that feeling of this show. JMHO.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

This is the first season since 1983 that Phantom went the entire month of June without hitting the 70-point mark.

Scores have been (intentionally?) lower this June across the board. I actually think it's good to have a lot of potential for higher scores, but it probably also reflects how much more challenging shows are nowadays. Lots more dirt to clean on so many levels. And like it or not, the way DCI scores, even if you have a clean show early, if it's simple, you're likely behind the more complex, dirtier shows.