Luca Oil Stadium - Stroller advice

Hi all,

I'm planning to take my one year old to finals week next year.

Do any of you know if it's ok to take a stroller into LOS?

Did you take one or see/know anyone who took one?

I'm staying nearby and could carry her if I had to but it would be much more convenient to have her stroller with me.

I'm going to ask DCI but thought I'd try in here first.

PS. I do plan to throw her at the end of some shows and I'm willing to hire her out to be thrown by others...

PPS. I am joking,,,

Don't forget the ear protection.

Oh are they switching back to G's? ;-)

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm staying nearby and could carry her if I had to but it would be much more convenient to have her stroller with me.

PS. I do plan to throw her at the end of some shows and I'm willing to hire her out to be thrown by others...

PPS. I am joking,,,

Best comment I've read in awhile!!

Hi all,

PPS. I am joking,,,

Depending on how young/old the baby is (different between 12 months and 14 months is ASTOUNDING) and how big the child is, it might be easier to get one of those carrier things instead of a stroller. I suspect there isn't much room under the seats to store a stroller long-term (even with a cheap umbrella stroller) during performances. Of course, then the baby would not be strapped down and would likely not want to sit very still during the performances anyway.

If it were me (note: I have a 13.5 year old and a 14 month old), I would maybe go with a carrier, and then take a small chair I could use as a pseudo-booster seat that would secure the baby but still be comfortable for them: something like the Bumbo 'floor seat' http://www.amazon.com/Bumbo-B10056-Floor-Seat-Blue/dp/B0092NNQ98/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1444146856&sr=1-3&keywords=baby+seat

I took my older kid to drum corps shows in 2006 when he was around four years old, but it was a local show w/a stadium very friendly for walking around

In my 4 years of attending at Lucas Oil, I can't remember seeing a baby. Just not an environment I would subject them to. Do you have to buy the baby a ticket? Do you hold it the entire time? When the baby is screaming during the ballads, do you get up and leave causing a distraction. The old man in hopes you are sitting far from me!

• Like 2

I think the stroller folks have reserved seating in the Friends of DCI section, don't they?

eh,eh,eh. Yeah, very funny.

I remember holding the _Kid in my arms when he was nine-months old in 2000. He's been to every finals week since except CA. I would normally implore to leave the kiddies at home, but he's a great example of what can happen if you expose them young...

I remember holding the _Kid in my arms when he was nine-months old in 2000. He's been to every finals week since except CA. I would normally implore to leave the kiddies at home, but he's a great example of what can happen if you expose them young...

I keep trying that with my now 13 year old (he was at Allentown with me in 2008 at the age of 6), but he still has no interest... :huh2:

Edited by ajlemm

..but didn't he turn out to be a drummer?

• Like 1