2016 Uniform Thread

It's a uniform thread. Take a breath.

Careful, you might get reported to the moderators. Where he comes from your comment may be considered cyber-bullying.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

• Like 1

Careful, you might get reported to the moderators. Where he comes from your comment may be considered cyber-bullying.

Don't say I didn't warn you...

I'm sure I've triggered him. I'll make a public apology via Tumblr at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 3

I'm sure I've triggered him. I'll make a public apology via Tumblr at the earliest opportunity.

I shall as well...we do post in the presence of greatness and do not want to condemn his Holiness.

• Like 1

Based on the FJM catalog, Phantom and Blue Devils coats are built on a mutli-layered design that lets you swap out the underlayers. For Phantom it was the gold arm/chest, for BD it was the white / red sleeve. Presumably, if they keep the jacket over-layer, they'll be changing the underlayer out.

Mike

Based on the FJM catalog, Phantom and Blue Devils coats are built on a mutli-layered design that lets you swap out the underlayers. For Phantom it was the gold arm/chest, for BD it was the white / red sleeve. Presumably, if they keep the jacket over-layer, they'll be changing the underlayer out.

Mike

it's becoming harder for me to identify what exactly a new uniform means with some of the corps. I thought Phantom's half-jackets were old jackets that had been modified to give them a longer life but I'm not so sure anymore.

it's becoming harder for me to identify what exactly a new uniform means with some of the corps. I thought Phantom's half-jackets were old jackets that had been modified to give them a longer life but I'm not so sure anymore.

The days of corps having a single uniform that last for years are over. By going with lighter material, they are easy to care for (in most cases wash-and-wear), and are much more comfortable to wear. The also cost significantly less money, allowing the corps to modify or replace as needed.

The days of corps having a single uniform that last for years are over. By going with lighter material, they are easy to care for (in most cases wash-and-wear), and are much more comfortable to wear. The also cost significantly less money, allowing the corps to modify or replace as needed.

They also often sell off their old uniforms to high school bands. I remember seeing a band from New Mexico that was sporting the old 2005 era BD unis. Another band uses old Troopers uniforms for their drum majors. Kind of a win-win situation: the high school gets a full set of uniforms for a lower price than if they bought straight from the designer, and the corps gets some money back to put down towards a fresh look.

Edited by TroopAlum12
  • Like 1

Compared to the wool things we wore in BD!