2016 Uniform Thread

I may have heard that the Cavaliers are getting new uniforms this year too, with what I assume will be a new design.

I'm not really sure if this is truth or just rumor.

I may have heard that the Cavaliers are getting new uniforms this year too, with what I assume will be a new design.

I'm not really sure if this is truth or just rumor.

I would say it won't be a dramatic change. The corps works in 3 year intervals (as of late) and 16 would be the last year of the green back and black under arms. Now changing the sash and gauntlets again would make sense.

Reads like the historical "military look" will not be in this year for the Troop.

Not entirely true. Like I said, think Teddy Roosevelt in his Rough Riders uniform, but with some very modern twists.

t-roosevelt-dress-uniform-m.jpg

The Troopers have announced some details about their uniform.

There was also a picture of the concept sketch on the Facebook page, but it has since been removed.

Its very different from the Troopers uniform you've come to expect. Think Teddy Roosevelt meets Madison Scouts.

Hopefully the corps will feel like sharing it again soon.

Yeah I saw the post before they took it down. Unfortunatly, the comments were mostly negative. Most people thought the post was a joke. Let's just hope the real thing looks better than the drawing.

Suncoast Sound?

Spirit of Atlanta?

Blue Devils?

Crown?

None of which had what Star came out of the gate with. The fact that they came out at a full 128 members gave them the horses to go under the lights at Finals....but they had to scramble for shows to perform in that first year, and they would've gone on very early in the program...in daylight.

Not entirely true. Like I said, think Teddy Roosevelt in his Rough Riders uniform, but with some very modern twists.

Of course he was from Sagamore Hill, Oyster Bay Cove, L.I., not from Casper, Wyoming.

I did NOT connect that concept drawing to this look. After seeing this picture ... I still don't.

When the image was posted, I showed it to my wife, who is familiar with this activity, but has never been involved. Her background is more dance and choreography. I wanted to get a view from somebody without my roots to see if I was taking crazy pills or something.

She was stunned. Not good stunned. But she also commented "well ... it is just a drawing. It could come out looking much different when implemented."