Emotional Seasons?

In the light of the Marching Roundtable episode with the Academy design team and the very emotional show/season they were able to put together this past summer...

What are the most emotional seasons for a corps that come to mind?

--Taking away bias of having connection to a corps, just thinking as a spectator--

In the light of the Marching Roundtable episode with the Academy design team and the very emotional show/season they were able to put together this past summer...

--Taking away bias of having connection to a corps, just thinking as a spectator--

I was pretty emotional for The Academy haha. That was too fun from leaked video to finals retreat.

Phantom Regiment 2008 is one that definitely comes to mind. If I were in that corps, I would not have expected to win the World Championship a week before Finals.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

Phantom Regiment 2008 is one that definitely comes to mind. If I were in that corps, I would not have expected to win the World Championship a week before Finals.

Agree. Plenty of emotion showing on the field at finals, too.

Are there similarities to 1988 Scouts?

• Like 1

I'll leave my bias hat on....

I was very emotional that Boston made finals this past season...I was surprised that while the Vegas odds were against them about 2 weeks out...they managed to defy those odds and still squeaked in to finals...too close for comfort anyway...a definite emotional roller-coaster for me...

1999 is a VERY emotional season for me as Boston makes finals for the first time in DCI history...

As far as emotional shows off the top of my head...absolutely LOVED Santa Clara Vanguard 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 2004, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016...The Cadets 1983, 1984, 1985, 1992, 1998, 2000, 2003, and 2011...Phantom Regiment 1991, 1996, and 2010 among others......Carolina Crown 2006 and 2009 among others...Honorable mentions to...Blue Knights 2014...Blue Stars 2008...Blue Devils 1992...Troopers 1985...Crossmen 1992 and 2016.

Spirit of Atlanta 1980. End of topic.

I have to agree with this. Not much else to say.

• Like 1