2012 Predictions

I'm disappointed. Given the lack of humor found in this forum, I expected far more red marks for my post.....

which, minus the stuff about Frans shirts will most likely happen. Why? History proves me right

• Like 3

I think that this is the year that we should all step back and wait it out till the end. So much going on and lots of uncertainty about alot of corps. I would rather wait until August to even make a prediction. Usually the placings by then are pretty accurate. Not like the old days when you could place 5th one day and the next win the show by 5 points.

• Like 1

I'm disappointed. Given the lack of humor found in this forum, I expected far more red marks for my post.....

which, minus the stuff about Frans shirts will most likely happen. Why? History proves me right

Okay Jeff, you asked for it. First "official" Annapolis whine....

"There ain't no Dinosaur BBQ here!"

• Like 2

Okay Jeff, you asked for it. First "official" Annapolis whine....

"There ain't no Dinosaur BBQ here!"

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

But there is a Red Hot and Blue BBQ place... out on Rte. 50, a few minutes from Annapolis. Pretty good stuff there. :thumbup:

Thanks for starting this thread, I love reading the predictions. My prediction is that the competition between corps is going to be fierce!!! You never know what a new year will bring. Good Luck to everyone

• Like 3

I think that this is the year that we should all step back and wait it out till the end. So much going on and lots of uncertainty about alot of corps. I would rather wait until August to even make a prediction. Usually the placings by then are pretty accurate. Not like the old days when you could place 5th one day and the next win the show by 5 points.

Agreed. There are a lot of changes going on this year. Between the infusion of new corps in open class, and most of the Top 5 corps with new staffs and new directions... this is a year I expect will change peoples perception about a lot of things in DCA.

• Like 2

I feel it will come out alphabeticaly.

1-Bushwackers

2-Cadets 2

3-Corpsvets

4-Empire Statesmen

5-Fusion Core

6-Hawthorne

7-Hurricanes

8-Kidsgrove

9-Kilties

10-Minnesota Brass

11-Reading Buccanears

12-Renegades

13-Tampa Bay Thunder

Of course the hard part was deciding between the town name and there corps name. Hawthorne was easy but got screwewd out of 4 spots. Hurricanes could have been Connecticut but most people call them Hurcs. It's just easier. Nobody called Bush, "Harrison", so they will not call them Princeton (unless they want).

Cadet 2 will never be known as Holy Name and/or Garfield. Just like Bush noone calls CV, Empire, Fusion Core ( I really don't know where they are from anyway ),Kilties and Renegades by there town name. I assume Kidsgrove is the town name so they get pushed up 5 spots by not being Scouts. Of course Mn. Brass and Bucs really get screwed by useing State and town name. It's drum corps, it happens. Don't blame me, I did not invent the alphabet. Reading edges Renegades by a vowel. Tampa Bay and Thunder stay steady either way.

I heard Argonne is starting a Sr. corps for 2013....hmmmm...

Also the Govenaires are changing there name to Agovenaires

Larry P

Music Director (Agovenaires)

• Like 5

1-Bushwackers

2-Cadets 2

3-Corpsvets

4-Empire Statesmen

5-Fusion Core

6-Hawthorne

7-Hurricanes

8-Kidsgrove

9-Kilties

10-Minnesota Brass

11-Reading Buccanears

12-Renegades

13-Tampa Bay Thunder

Of course the hard part was deciding between the town name and there corps name. Hawthorne was easy but got screwewd out of 4 spots. Hurricanes could have been Connecticut but most people call them Hurcs. It's just easier. Nobody called Bush, "Harrison", so they will not call them Princeton (unless they want).

Cadet 2 will never be known as Holy Name and/or Garfield. Just like Bush noone calls CV, Empire, Fusion Core ( I really don't know where they are from anyway ),Kilties and Renegades by there town name. I assume Kidsgrove is the town name so they get pushed up 5 spots by not being Scouts. Of course Mn. Brass and Bucs really get screwed by useing State and town name. It's drum corps, it happens. Don't blame me, I did not invent the alphabet. Reading edges Renegades by a vowel. Tampa Bay and Thunder stay steady either way.

Larry P

Many people refer to Hawthorne as just "Cabs" which places them second, although usually they are called "The Cabs" which would put them in 13th. However, your criteria makes perfect sense to me.

Edited by BassoProfoundo

If the judges use a score given to Kidsgrove a few years ago as a reference, I'm giving up on DCA after this season.

They will slot them with the score you can count on that. Then they will be fighting from behind to catch up. Just look back at what they did to Inpires. Coincidence???? I think not.

1-Bushwackers

2-Cadets 2

3-Corpsvets

4-Empire Statesmen

5-Fusion Core

6-Hawthorne

7-Hurricanes

8-Kidsgrove

9-Kilties

10-Minnesota Brass

11-Reading Buccanears

12-Renegades

13-Tampa Bay Thunder

Larry P

At least the Thunder is in good company for the bottom 4!!!!! Yippie!!!