The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

10 hours ago, Lance said:

i've thought about trying to arrange this.

this is one arrangement i've heard for wind ensemble, but i don't really care for it. would be much better with just brass. 

He actually did the Marching arrangement prior IMO to the Concert Band version. The earliest years of Arrangers Publishing Company on albums included this piece I believe 

http://www.arrpubco.com/apc_media_player/playerwindow.php?item=M491

11 hours ago, Lance said:

i've thought about trying to arrange this.

this is one arrangement i've heard for wind ensemble, but i don't really care for it. would be much better with just brass. 

He actually did the marching arrangement prior to the Concert Band version IMO. The Arrangers Publishing Company earliest years on album included this piece, I believe.

2 hours ago, JAZZER said:

He actually did the marching arrangement prior to the Concert Band version IMO. The Arrangers Publishing Company earliest years on album included this piece, I believe.

I first heard that version on the Arrangers cassette (!) sampler back when I was in high school. Loved the arrangement then, and I think the mid-90s (and one-size-fits-all) arranging style of the tune holds up pretty well today relative to the original. Love the way the ending is arranged!

On 3/30/2017 at 9:30 PM, DrumManTx said:

Sigur Ros has been popping up a ton in the HS world, has Blue Knights or Bluecoats written all over it IMO. 

This is true of much of their pre-Kveikur stuff. I'm partial to Staralfur. I've never enjoyed lyrics so much given that I don't understand them. :) 

Cadets from a few years back...

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 1

I know it might be a bit much to ask from a trumpet soloist as young as DCI allows, but Loss from BLAST! It's just so gorgeous and I'd love to hear that kind of emotion in a program. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lance said:

No way this couldn't be a part of a great DCI show. 

The whole song is pretty great, but the vocal is weird at the beginning, so I thought maybe it might throw some people off. 

So glad I rewound and listened to the entire track.  Cool stuff and they are now on the "let's explore more of this" list !