DCI Live! Broadcast - Monday June 20th Headliners Cadets & Cav

I already have tickets to DCI event in Florida but based on the Cavaliers' show I may have to go ahead and get to Atlanta as well. Took me a couple of listens but I really like what they're doing! Ready to see where the go with the show.

I know The Cadets will be great but I'm not into the show yet. I'm sure I'll get there eventually though.

Right now I'm into Blue Devils and The Cavaliers. Neither will be in Florida :(

Edited by jaylogan

The stream is still on my computer, don't know if it's up for new people.

I'm re-watching Cavalier's show. Baritone solo is amazing, then the duet is great.

Lots of little musical homages to previous shows, that when clean will be spectacular.

I think there's quite a bit of potential in this show.

Agreed on the homages. I immediately noticed the ending brass run was the same as the jazz run ending of Frameworks.

I really liked the Cavaliers, but I got sort of a funny feeling when they took off their hats (correct term?) for the protest bit. Maybe I'm overthinking it (likely), but it struck me as bizarre that 150 predominantly white and upper middle class males would have all that much to protest on a social level.

• Like 1

I really liked the Cavaliers, but I got sort of a funny feeling when they took off their hats (correct term?) for the protest bit. Maybe I'm overthinking it (likely), but it struck me as bizarre that 150 predominantly white and upper middle class males would have all that much to protest on a social level.

That's how I feel watching the hipsters at a Bernie event :)

• Like 5

Agreed. Not sure how deep you can go into the western theme but they have great designers so we'll see. Still not loving BD but no one does it better so,..,

Honestly I'm very confused how Crown's theme is western music-wise. I get it visually and they have the eagle screeching or whatever it is but musically it sounds like a lot of latin music mixed in with some very technical pieces. And Hallelujah. Maybe someone can explain this to me?

Also I'm lukewarm on BD as of now too, which has not been the case in a while.

Honestly I'm very much looking with eager eyes towards SCV, BK, and Bloo right now because I have yet to see/hear a show that I'm completely sold on

Huh? You don't have to be a minority to stand up for inequalities and injustice. So much is wrong in the world. Complacency is not the answer. There. How's that for some Propaganda? :)

• Like 3