Who has the most to prove going into semis/finals 2016

Wasn't trying to be disrespectful to the poster to whom I was replying.....although after another summer of hearing how bad Cadets' show design is, I guess It kinda brought out the beast lol...

Maybe if their design was better we wouldn't be hearing about how bad their design was again this year? :peek:

Captain Obvious will see himself out now...

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 2

Maybe if their design was better we wouldn't be hearing about how bad their design was again this year? :peek:

Captain Obvious will see himself out now...

You know, I REALLY would like some BBQ ribs.

• Like 1

Wasn't trying to be disrespectful to the poster to whom I was replying.....although after another summer of hearing how bad Cadets' show design is, I guess It kinda brought out the beast lol...

Seriously, you did NOT sound disrespectful at all. You sounded like the kind of alumni the Cadets would be proud of.

I never marched drum corps, but if I had, I would have loved to have marched with you.

I think I would tell them six words.

I think I know where you're going with this and I'm with you; "PLAY AS LOUD AS YOU CAN!" :w00t:

Did I get it right, Polonius? :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I still feel that those with the most to prove are: Bluecoats(to show they can be a champion); Cadets (to prove their championship mettle); Academy (to show they've taken the next step; and Mandarins ( to prove they are ready to take the next step). Should be a great weekend!

• Like 1

I think I know where you're going with this and I'm with you; "PLAY AS LOUD AS YOU CAN!" :w00t:

Did I get it right, Polonius? :cool:

Well, I was thinking "Neither a borrower nor lender be," but that's pretty good.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

I still feel that those with the most to prove are: Bluecoats(to show they can be a champion); Cadets (to prove their championship mettle); Academy (to show they've taken the next step; and Mandarins ( to prove they are ready to take the next step). Should be a great weekend!

What exactly is the "next step"?

My vote is for Madison. After last year's great showing, many had hoped it would be the beginning of the return to the top echelon for the corps. This year they started out mid-pack and kept sliding. Then Academy passed them. After Allentown they now seem to be in a fight with Boston for the last finalist spot.

For Academy, the next step is Finals. For Mandarins, it is showing that they are ready to be in the conversation for being a Finalist. It takes (usually) a significant build up to take that next step and I feel like Mandarins have put together a few really solid years and they just need to put that final piece in place to follow the road that I think Academy has blazed. In all honesty, top 17 now is basically the same as making finals during the late nineties early 2000s, the shows and talent have gotten that strong. Eventually I feel like we will see corps in that group float from 10 to 17 without having significant noticeable drop offs. We shall see.