2017 Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

I'm hoping that they can live up to the hype, for the members sake.

The anti-hype in here is deafening :ninja:  You're quite correct -- expectations are extremely high regardless of what you see from some DCP posters.  There have been plenty of "dream teams" brought in to various programs over the years.  Sometimes things work out -- sometimes not so much.  It will entertaining to watch the anti-hypers in here react to either of the possibilities.  

I certainly hope that nobody is accusing yours truly of hype.  For my part, I have predicted only that I thought they would eventually place somewhere between 1st and 12th, which is in keeping with their last 17 years of finals placements.  I think some "hype" at this point is more imagined than real. 

• Like 1

FWIW, the 2016 Boston Crusaders thread had 148 pages over the course of 370 days.

2017 thread already has 175 pages.

9 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Leading up to this year, there were major staff changes and because of hardly any show announcement type posts, some of us wondered off the corps reservation at times.

2 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I'm hoping that they can live up to the hype, for the members sake.

Why is HYPE in this context such a dirty word or negative connotation?  Just asking!

56 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

FWIW, the 2016 Boston Crusaders thread had 148 pages over the course of 370 days.

...and I've also been part of the no non-sense police...and chastised for it...lol...unlike other non-sense in threads I won't mention :ninja:

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

Corpsband was not on the Boston Crusaders thread last year as much. His silly memes alone on this thread  since last August has filled up lots of page space here.. ( haha!)

That said, what Drum Corps wouldn't want increased interest and page traffic in what they are doing these days ?  So having more interest is of course a GOOD thing for any Corps.

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

it's clearly a dirty word in this thread with multiple posters bending backwards to avoid it.  

Its pretty close to an accurate assessment, imo.  " hyping"  the 2017 edition of Boston here on this Boston Crusaders thread is not exactly a " dirty word, or dirty exercise " though. But its true that there is far more restraint here regarding 2017 expectations for the Boston Crusaders than say.... oh. I don't know... the Carolina Crown thread. There, " hype " is utilized quite frequently ( for one example ) by you to state that Carolina Crown will " come out ahead " and later on in posts, that it all will be  a " net gain " this season for Carolina Crown with all their staff changes taking place there. If DCP'ers are looking for " hype " on a Corps expectations this season, they are probably on the wrong Corps thread here however, as its true, there is not a lot of Corps " hype " on this Boston Crusaders thread for the 2017 Boston Crusaders at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO

23 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its pretty close to an accurate assessment, imo.  " hyping" Boston here on this Boston Crusaders thread is not exactly a " dirty word, or dirty exercise " though. But its true there is far more restraint here regarding 2017 expectations for the Boston Crusaders than say.... oh. I don't know... the Carolina Crown thread. There, " hype " is utilized quite frequently ( for one example ) by you to state that Carolina Crown will " come out ahead " and it all will be  a " net gain " this season for Carolina Crown with all their staff changes taking place there. If DCP'ers are looking for " hype " on a Corps expectations this season, they are probably on the wrong Corps thread here however, as its true, there is not a lot of Corps " hype " on this Boston Crusaders thread for the 2017 Boston Crusaders at the moment.

Well "on paper", I can see Crown having a net gain with the staff changes. Jeff replacing Leon is certainly not a negative. Percussion should be the same as well as brass if not better with lots of vets returning and guard should be competitive but probably not going to win. MT is pretty awesome. So certainly a medal contender. 

Using the same "on paper" speculation, BAC should be a much "better" corps than last year. Again rankings depend on what your competition does. Great brass players will still go to Crown to age out but not sure Boston will have that type of draw at this point despite staff so I still think they're competing in the  7-12 group. 

Edited by Tobias