Cadets 2017

3 minutes ago, Tobias said:

1. I like that there is a show coordinator.

2. I like that the drill designer is fluent with staging and design and will add a fresh set of eyes to help the Cadets modernize while respecting their tradition as discussed the last night on the broadcast.

3. I like that we added John LeMire, Eric Babula and Philip to guard design team for a deeper level of writing. Eric did a great job with Cadets in 2014. (2nd at finals or 3rd). 

4. I like that Tom is back who is very strong in ensemble effect via his writing and critical ear which helps overall design. 

Good answers and I agree on all counts. 

• Like 3

I'm out of the loop.  Is Daryl Pemberton (sp?) writing the drill again this year?

46 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Yes.  I do.  And explaining the original source material is not such a trivial thing.

Gotcha. It's not such a complex "theme" but I get what you're saying. It's familiar to me so sometimes maybe I assume to others as well. 

1 hour ago, chaddyt said:

I'm out of the loop.  Is Daryl Pemberton (sp?) writing the drill again this year?

NO! I meant, they've extended the opportunity to another very qualified candidate. 

Edited by Tobias

1 hour ago, chaddyt said:

No. Cadets new Visual Designer ( in Drum Corps anyway ) mostly worked with the DCA Corps primarily ( Reading Buccaneers for one ), before given the opportunity to write for the Cadets this season. I believe he also wrote the drill for Jersey Surf a few years ago, if I'm not mistaken. George Dixon would know better than me, however. But Pemberton is out at Cadets, re. drill writing.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Hopkins FB:

HERE IS SOME BETTER NEWS !!! Cadets to be in DISNEY on July 9th !!! Come see us !!

Dear George,

Greeting from the Walt Disney World Resort and Disney Performing Arts! Our team is excited to have the DCI Orlando show back at the Citrus Bowl (Camping World Stadium) this year.

And we are very proud to extend an invitation to The Cadets to once again surprise and entertain our international Guests with a performance at the Walt Disney World Resort on Sunday, July 9. We have not finalized the location of the performance but we will be hosting the top three corps based on the 2016 DCI Finals rankings who are in town for the DCI Orlando show.

If you are looking to volunteer ... this week has a bit of a fringe benefit !!  Plus some hot weather :-)

Write to Clara at clara@yea.org for more info on the Cadets summer !!!

I am hoping that any props they use will be professionally made and not look like they were made in somebodies uncles garage.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... how does any corps survive with only 70 horns??? LOL

When I marched if we had 50 it was like OMG !!!