Cadets 2017

41 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

GH was" being positive" on approx.  95% of his info that he released for public consumption... no doubt about it. His info on Gino, Colin was the part he could have left out of the public square, imo. He did not. He went public with it, so its certainly within the public's perogative to comment on that segment of the newly released info... and so I did. That said, I do not disagree with your assessment that much of what was released by GH was..  " his was being positive ".

Huh? Did I miss something public about either one of them? 

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

sometimes "shade" is deserved. I'll leave it at that.

For the uninformed.... was the "shade" towards the gentleman whose wife was diagnosed with a terminal illness that later took her?  If so, that is some really dark "shade"... given the circumstances.  If not, then I'll be on my way with my apologies to the Cadets faithful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

oh gosh. Now I want an old fashioned

I didn't know you're from Wisconsin 

Hopkins literally says they will have five minutes drill which is better than past years so it's less stressful 

he was being positive but folks on here just love finding fault with the guy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daave said:

For the uninformed.... was the "shade" towards the gentleman whose wife was diagnosed with a terminal illness that later took her?  If so, that is some really dark "shade"... given the circumstances.  If not, then I'll be on my way with my apologies to the Cadets faithful.

There wasn't any shade unless you were seriously reading between the lines and assuming the worst. He says the corps will have drill sooner which makes things less stressful. The "shade" if you wish to see it was him adding that other years they've struggled with that. It was an honest statement and an organizational failure more so than directed at an individual. He credits the design teams proximity to allowing more meetings face to face. But haters are gonna hate 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

There wasn't any shade unless you were seriously reading between the lines and assuming the worst. He says the corps will have drill sooner which makes things less stressful. The "shade" if you wish to see it was him adding that other years they've struggled with that. It was an honest statement and an organizational failure more so than directed at an individual. He credits the design teams proximity to allowing more meetings face to face. But haters are gonna hate 

Agree.  Even reading between the lines,  the statement was simply we plan to be further ahead at the start of spring training and that things are less stressful when that happens.  No shade thrown at all. 

Of course, everyone plans to be fully prepared at the start of ST :-) 

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Hopkins literally says they will have five minutes drill which is better than past years so it's less stressful 

he was being positive but folks on here just love finding fault with the guy 

Technically, Hopkins said that their five minutes were better than normal, last year "wasn't bad," and previous years "were a challenge."

Perhaps "throwing shade" was a little stretch, but not much. He's clearly saying that Jeff Sacktig was late in getting drill, as he makes up the "previous years." Hopkins has previously complained very publicly about Sacktig being late in delivering drill. And you yourself said that criticism was deserved. That said, I'm sure he's happy about where the corps is currently.

I'm not finding fault, I'm just characterizing what was said. Frankly, I find it humorous. 

What  new info I took away from this clip is that the Cadets will go back to their traditional Corps colors, but with a non cadet style uniform that will be unlike any uniform they have ever worn in 8 decades.... and that they will change their new costuming at least once during their 2017 show.