Cadets 2017

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So - without "spilling the beans" we did hear:

About 4/30 - some public announcements about the rep and a bit more

About 5/20 - public show / concept announcement

About 6/19 - uniforms public debut

So stay tuned!

He also mentioned how excited the membership is with this years rep & plans

If I may play Chuck Todd for a moment, the logical DCP question to follow is, "Are you excited now that you've been told?"  For as Stephanopoulus  would comment, "No DCI director would ever say his kids aren't excited and they think the music is ho-hum, would they?"

Not breaking your shako of silence, just asking, Are you pleased?

Edited by xandandl

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

If I may play Chuck Todd for a moment, the logical DCP question to follow is, "Are you excited now that you've been told?"  For as Stephanopoulus  would comment, "No DCI director would ever say his kids aren't excited and they think the music is ho=hum, would they?"

Not breaking your shako of silence, just asking, Are you pleased?

I've known since mid winter - I really like the sounds of the show but I don't want to be accused of "hyping" so thats as far as I'll go. The visual side of things will be critical IMO - the new drill guy is probably under more pressure than anyone - along with the guard/movement team to get that aspect back into the top 3. Drums should be very strong. 

Anyway - I am excited.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I've known since mid winter - I really like the sounds of the show but I don't want to be accused of "hyping" so thats as far as I'll go. The visual side of things will be critical IMO - the new drill guy is probably under more pressure than anyone - along with the guard/movement team to get that aspect back into the top 3. Drums should be very strong. 

Anyway - I am excited.

Super.

And though distant as I am this year, i agree with your assessment at each facet.

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Anyway - I am excited.

Totally agree (as usual) with George.  

Regardless of the music, the key for Cadets is program coordination, and visual style/execution.  What they are doing can be phenomenal.  It just depends on design.

I don't envy Bobby Jones honestly.....hope he knocks it out of the park.

Edited by cadet93

On 4/21/2017 at 2:10 PM, BRASSO said:

In lieu of tuition, will you take instead a public release authorization of my Guard audition tryout video ? I am working on my skills as well as physical training in order to make a spot in line with the Couchmen this year.

t l

Dear Mr. Brasso,

Thank you for submitting your video for audition consideration for this summer season.As you know, the philosophy here is that we don't cut anyone from auditions. All auditioners are given a rating of 1, 2, or 3, from getting a contract today for this summer season to keep plugging and you might make it to skills need much work, but we will help you if your are willing. You sir, however, are in a class by yourself, without equal at least at the World Class level. We admire your determination, diligence, and candor but feel certain that a more resolute focus on skills, agility, and artistic deportment would be more beneficial for your placement among the World Class performers who will compromise our line this summer. To assist you in your progress and to inspire you in your efforts, we include this Dayton authorized tape to practice with at home and even while you are sleeping. We hope to see you again at a future audition camp.

http://imgur.com/r4LoPoz

Edited by xandandl

15 hours ago, cadet93 said:

I've judged with Bobby a few times.  Really smart dude and a good guy.  I'm confident he'll do a great job for the Cadets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, geluf said:

I've judged with Bobby a few times.  Really smart dude and a good guy.  I'm confident he'll do a great job for the Cadets.

Guilty or Not Guilty? :guinesssmilie:

Just now, E3D said:

Guilty or Not Guilty? :guinesssmilie:

What happens in the press box stays in the press box. :laughing:

13 minutes ago, geluf said:

What happens in the press box stays in the press box. :laughing:

OBVIOUSLY! 

#recaps! :cheer:

16 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Totally agree (as usual) with George.  

Regardless of the music, the key for Cadets is program coordination, and visual style/execution.  What they are doing can be phenomenal.  It just depends on design.

I worked with Bobby a few years back. He wrote the show for the band I work with. Good guy. Plus of course the amazing job has has done with the Buccs in DCA.